Question for Cosplayers / Prop Collectors
Posted by andrewj.rager

So I want to get a Master Sword and Hylian Shield from the Legend of Zelda Series. This will be for my game room to hopefully hang on the wall. I've done some initial searches but there is a lot of stuff that comes up.

So basically my question is for Cosplayers and Collectors. Were do you get your props or collectables that are like this?

I'm going back and forth on if i want metal, foam, 3D printing based on price, so I'll take all suggestions.

Thanks,

Posted by traveller

From Policies page:

Costumes and WeaponsWeapons and items that appear to be weapons are not allowed at Gen Con. Self defense, recreational and utility items such as knifes, tazers, pepper spray, BB guns, cap guns, air-soft weapons, paintball guns, water guns, martial arts weaponry, including wooden practice weapons, etc., are not welcome, even if it is lawful to own and carry them in other public places. Off-duty security, law enforcement and military personnel are not allowed to bring their weapons to Gen Con. Items resembling futuristic weapons, fantasy weapons, and non-projectile boffer weapons may be allowed provided they are not handled in a careless, threatening, or destructive manner against persons or property.Questionable items can be brought to the Information Desk in the convention center during operating hours to be checked for compliance with this policy. Some events may provide exceptions to this policy under strict circumstances defined by that event. Items purchased in the Exhibit Hall which violate this policy must be wrapped and immediately removed from the convention premises.20th and 21st century uniforms may not be worn as costumes. These include any uniform that can be construed as a military uniform from any country or a uniform worn in an official capacity, such as security guard, police officer, deputy, fire marshal, paramedic, etc. Active duty military personnel are permitted to wear their government-issued uniforms.Gen Con Event Staff or security personnel may inspect any item or costume at any time during the convention. Failure to comply with these policies and/or the instructions of Gen Con Event Staff or security personnel may result in immediate removal from the convention without refund.If you have any questions about these policies, please contact [email protected] before the convention or visit the Information Desk in the convention center during operating hours.

Posted by andrewj.rager traveller

traveller wrote:
From Policies page:
Costumes and WeaponsWeapons and items that appear to be weapons are not allowed at Gen Con. Self defense, recreational and utility items such as knifes, tazers, pepper spray, BB guns, cap guns, air-soft weapons, paintball guns, water guns, martial arts weaponry, including wooden practice weapons, etc., are not welcome, even if it is lawful to own and carry them in other public places. Off-duty security, law enforcement and military personnel are not allowed to bring their weapons to Gen Con. Items resembling futuristic weapons, fantasy weapons, and non-projectile boffer weapons may be allowed provided they are not handled in a careless, threatening, or destructive manner against persons or property.Questionable items can be brought to the Information Desk in the convention center during operating hours to be checked for compliance with this policy. Some events may provide exceptions to this policy under strict circumstances defined by that event. Items purchased in the Exhibit Hall which violate this policy must be wrapped and immediately removed from the convention premises.20th and 21st century uniforms may not be worn as costumes. These include any uniform that can be construed as a military uniform from any country or a uniform worn in an official capacity, such as security guard, police officer, deputy, fire marshal, paramedic, etc. Active duty military personnel are permitted to wear their government-issued uniforms.Gen Con Event Staff or security personnel may inspect any item or costume at any time during the convention. Failure to comply with these policies and/or the instructions of Gen Con Event Staff or security personnel may result in immediate removal from the convention without refund.If you have any questions about these policies, please contact [email protected] before the convention or visit the Information Desk in the convention center during operating hours.
I’m sorry to say but you clearly didn’t read my post. I’m asking about stuff for my game room  not for Gen Con. The Gen Con policy doesn’t apply to this post. If anyone can actually respond to my question I would greatly appreciate it. 

Posted by traveller

sorry, my bad, i didn't see game room.

you may want to post to friends of gencon FB page.

Posted by robertboyle andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
So I want to get a Master Sword and Hylian Shield from the Legend of Zelda Series. This will be for my game room to hopefully hang on the wall. I've done some initial searches but there is a lot of stuff that comes up.
So basically my question is for Cosplayers and Collectors. Were do you get your props or collectables that are like this?
I'm going back and forth on if i want metal, foam, 3D printing based on price, so I'll take all suggestions.
Thanks,
I know a blacksmith and he's making all of my and my friend's armor/weapons for cosplay or something to hang on a wall.
They are in high demand in this business, but their service is quite expensive.
Look them up in your town(or the nearest to your town), there are at least one almost at every city.

Posted by andrewj.rager robertboyle

robertboyle wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:
Thanks,
I know a blacksmith and he's making all of my and my friend's armor/weapons for cosplay or something to hang on a wall.
They are in high demand in this business, but their service is quite expensive.
Look them up in your town(or the nearest to your town), there are at least one almost at every city.
Hmm that is an interesting suggestion. But it does sounds expensive as you say, but I will for sure look and get a price point. Thank you,

New Post Sign in to write a new post.