Where's the party at?
Posted by milky216

If you are having a party, going to a party, or know if any great parties going on during GenCon please post it here.  
Let us know if its a Meet & Greet, Private, AO = Adults Only, BYOB = Bring Your Own Bottle, or off site... ETC. 

(Example: Geeks N Freaks 
Free meet N greet 
Friday Aug 19th 7pm 
at Bar XYZ Indy IN (5 min SW walk from Convention center) 
AO, meet Artist So&So, Author WhazHis Name 

or 

Hotel party for NightTimeNerds 
Hotel XYZ Thursday 10pm Room XXX 
AO, BYOB,  donations for drinks and mayhem 

4 great days to have fun so game, party, roll dice, and most importantly be safe and have great stories to tell!  
~Milky 

Posted by quarex

I would hope there were some parties outside the 4 Days of Gaming themselves, as who has time for non-convention-activities during Gen-Con?!?  Haha.

I would have suggested the Colts Grille's Nerd Trivia here except they keep moving the time and date and there is no way to know when it will actually be.  It is pretty fun, though, and very close to the Convention Center.

Posted by milky216

I have head of a couple Wednesday parties to kind of kick off GenCon but not much else.

Besides Wednesday is a great FREE day for lots of events, games, tournament tryouts etc.(*Indianapolis Union Railroad Station) most of the fun doesn't start until 4pm and wind up around 10pm so still lots of time to party and shake your rump... LOL! 

If i hear more i'll post it! If you hear anything about th Nerd Trivia be sure to drop a line here too! 

Posted by promonet

[This post has been removed]

Posted by sethstewart

Legendary DrunkAssParty VII (our 7th annual party at the RAM on Friday and Saturday nights) Pick up your tickets through Gen Con. We sell out very quickly. PM me to get on the waiting list, if you miss out on tickets. Event IDs: ZED17105305 & ZED17105306.

Posted by fethbone sethstewart

sethstewart wrote:
Legendary DrunkAssParty VII (our 7th annual party at the RAM on Friday and Saturday nights) Pick up your tickets through Gen Con. We sell out very quickly. PM me to get on the waiting list, if you miss out on tickets. Event IDs: ZED17105305 & ZED17105306.

Are drink tickets or similar provided- if so, how many? I saw on the event it said food and drinks are included in the ticket price but it didn't say how much.

Posted by milky216 promonet

Posted by marimaccadmin quarex

quarex wrote:
I would hope there were some parties outside the 4 Days of Gaming themselves, as who has time for non-convention-activities during Gen-Con?!?  Haha.
I would have suggested the Colts Grille's Nerd Trivia here except they keep moving the time and date and there is no way to know when it will actually be.  It is pretty fun, though, and very close to the Convention Center.

Unfortunately, the Colts Grille has closed.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by milky216 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
quarex wrote:

Unfortunately, the Colts Grille has closed.Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Sad to hear about the Colts Grille... was looking forward to the Nerd Trivia. 
Anything else like it happening? 

Posted by tripledogdare

Bump. Any adult gaming room parties going on? (drinking/strip versions of games - e.g.  jenga, catan, king of tokyo, twister, etc.) I've only heard of one so far but I think they were only looking for bi guys, str8/bi gals and couples. Sounds good, but I'm checking for other options too (lots of folks flake unfortunately).

Posted by elmaasheley147

Posted by freebiegrabber

If this year is anything like last year, then you can expect the following parties:

WEDS. night:

THE STINK:  the Grand Hall at Union Station (across the street from the Crowne Plaza) a general meet up / mixer.  Expect:  some SWAG; displays from gaming groups; side games including the ice breaker "passport" game, a cash bar; and the ability to mix and mingle.  Several groups are regularly represented: The GenCon United Nation; Kentucky Fried Gamers; The Gamer Wenches; Dead Gamers Society; etc.

Several nights:

GEORGIA STREET "PARTY TENT" (just outside the doors of the Convention Center; they temporarily close it to traffic): Sun King Brewery's beer garden and Brew Tapping; concerts on a stage; food trucks; giveaways; etc.

INDY BREW BUS Brewery Tour - "Hop on the Indy Brew Bus and let us show you around Indy's booming craft beer scene! Choose from regularly scheduled or private tours on our bright green school buses that provide a behind-the-scene experience complete with samples, brewery passports and a beer guru tour guide!  Each tour will visit four local breweries, spending approximately 35 minutes at each location. Feel free to order a pint of your favorite, or get a growler to go and we’ll keep it cold for you on the bus!"

FRIDAY & SATURDAY nights:

Legendary DrunkAss Party (hosted by DrunkAssGames) – an annual party at The RAM. "Enjoy a catered, private event with beer, food, & some epic designer drinking games. Enjoy swag & prizes! All participants will enjoy a delicious meal provided by the RAM, while we present to you some fantastic designer drinking games. Enjoy games and tournaments throughout the evening to win sweet prizes! Come meet some awesome new friends, learn epic new designer games to share with friends back home and enjoy some excellent food & locally brewed beer by the RAM."

SATURDAY night:

The Secret Cabalist Meetup – an annual event; a York, Pennsylvania based gaming club founded by the hosts of The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast.  “We want to promote getting up off your lazy ass, leaving the house and joining your friends and family for social activities.”  “Even though you'll typically find gaming happening, these events are a social gathering were cabalists comes to share a drink, meet one another and have a party. This is our gift back to the cabalists for all the support they show us throughout the year. We host an amazingly large raffle in which we give out hundreds of games donated by the founders, publishers and fellow media creators.”

ALSO:

Adult Anime Show

Glitter Guild Burlesque

Crossplay Contest - and annual event, featuring the "best genderbends and/or crossplays."

Posted by fethbone freebiegrabber

freebiegrabber wrote:
If this year is anything like last year, then you can expect the following parties:
WEDS. night:
THE STINK:  the Grand Hall at Union Station (across the street from the Crowne Plaza) a general meet up / mixer.  Expect:  some SWAG; displays from gaming groups; side games including the ice breaker "passport" game, a cash bar; and the ability to mix and mingle.  Several groups are regularly represented: The GenCon United Nation; Kentucky Fried Gamers; The Gamer Wenches; Dead Gamers Society; etc.
Several nights:
GEORGIA STREET "PARTY TENT" (just outside the doors of the Convention Center; they temporarily close it to traffic): Sun King Brewery's beer garden and Brew Tapping; concerts on a stage; food trucks; giveaways; etc.
INDY BREW BUS Brewery Tour - "Hop on the Indy Brew Bus and let us show you around Indy's booming craft beer scene! Choose from regularly scheduled or private tours on our bright green school buses that provide a behind-the-scene experience complete with samples, brewery passports and a beer guru tour guide!  Each tour will visit four local breweries, spending approximately 35 minutes at each location. Feel free to order a pint of your favorite, or get a growler to go and we’ll keep it cold for you on the bus!"
FRIDAY & SATURDAY nights:
Legendary DrunkAss Party (hosted by DrunkAssGames) – an annual party at The RAM. "Enjoy a catered, private event with beer, food, & some epic designer drinking games. Enjoy swag & prizes! All participants will enjoy a delicious meal provided by the RAM, while we present to you some fantastic designer drinking games. Enjoy games and tournaments throughout the evening to win sweet prizes! Come meet some awesome new friends, learn epic new designer games to share with friends back home and enjoy some excellent food & locally brewed beer by the RAM."
SATURDAY night:
The Secret Cabalist Meetup – an annual event; a York, Pennsylvania based gaming club founded by the hosts of The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast.  “We want to promote getting up off your lazy ass, leaving the house and joining your friends and family for social activities.”  “Even though you'll typically find gaming happening, these events are a social gathering were cabalists comes to share a drink, meet one another and have a party. This is our gift back to the cabalists for all the support they show us throughout the year. We host an amazingly large raffle in which we give out hundreds of games donated by the founders, publishers and fellow media creators.”
ALSO:
Adult Anime Show
Glitter Guild Burlesque
Crossplay Contest - and annual event, featuring the "best genderbends and/or crossplays."

I wouldn't necessarily call the Adult Anime Game Show (went in 2017, did not enjoy it), Burlesque (fun!), or costume contest (have not been) parties, per se, but the first two at least did have cash bars in the event rooms themselves.

I did the brewery tour last year to get away from all the crowds for a bit, and it was actually quite fun, and you will all be friends by the end. :) Note that the cost of the ticket is for the transportation and maybe a couple tasters- it does not include the cost of any full-size beers at the breweries.

For ticketed "event" parties, there is also the Cosplay Deviants VIP party. I have not been, but it is a ticketed event offsite and you get to hang with the models. I believe it is around $40 and it includes cover and drink.

When I asked last year, I think the Legendary DrunkAss party was also $40 and included food and 1-2 drinks.

I am sure a lot of the bigger companies host private parties, but I imagine you have to ingratiate yourself to someone to get an invite. I know one of my friends goes to the Japanime company party every year.

Posted by roundtop

I did the drunkAssParty in 2018. Yes it was like $40 and included food and 2 drinks.

That said, it is crammed in a small room, and you will need about 6+ drinks to play the games (they are all drinking games), so be aware you will likely need another $40 for more booze.  

It was fun, but got a bit expensive (for someone who doesn't drink that much). That said.... ALL HAIL THE DEATH CUP!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.