in shape for 2016
Posted by piouscat

I do 5ks I along with most people in them run some walk some run some.
I didn't sign up for the run do to the heat.
I start losing in October and have 5 more pounds to go to my final goal.

Posted by valentinew1

Have any of you signed up for the GenCon Walking Challenge?  It's an actual event.

Posted by brotherbock valentinew1

valentinew1 wrote:
Have any of you signed up for the GenCon Walking Challenge?  It's an actual event.

Is that the charity one? I haven't, the software they are using doesn't have an android app yet. Although one goes beta next week, I think. 

Posted by justdave8

I have been walking 3x a week specifically for GENCON, I am on my feet, and I walk and bike everyday, but just doing extra. The nice thing is I am 80lbs lighter than I was three years ago when I last attended GENCON. So I think things will go smoothly. Congrats to all those putting in the work, it is a good thing.

Posted by brotherbock justdave8

justdave8 wrote:
I have been walking 3x a week specifically for GENCON, I am on my feet, and I walk and bike everyday, but just doing extra. The nice thing is I am 80lbs lighter than I was three years ago when I last attended GENCON. So I think things will go smoothly. Congrats to all those putting in the work, it is a good thing.

80lbs, way to go man. That's a healthy rate to be losing at. 

Posted by roundtop

I started playing Pokemon Go.  good training for GC. :)

Posted by brotherbock

Just a note to be careful out there, walking, running, biking, etc. We've had a number of fatal crashes in my area this year, including a coworker of mine this morning. Hit from behind on his bike. Died in the hospital. 

Stay safe everyone. Wear reflective clothing, use lights, be smart. And pay attention, because drivers don't anymore. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.