Looking for a pair of folks to share a Deluxe King at the Hilton Downtown
Posted by bootylactin

Due to lack of commitment and cancellations in our local group, we need to find a couple folks to bring costs down.  

Where: Hilton Indianapolis, Deluxe King, 2.5 blocks from the Indiana Convention Center

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/indiana/hilton-indianapolis-hotel-and-suites-INDDNHF/index.html

Dates: Wed-Sun, 4 nights, 8/3, 8/4, 8/5, 8/6, checking out Sunday August 7. 

Two folks from our group of four can't make the trip to Gen Con this year. The room sleeps 4 (2 in the King, 2 on the queen sofa sleeper), so we’re offering an even split of nights on the bed/sofa sleeper to a pair of gamers for the length of the stay to lower costs for everyone. We are looking for a pair of folks because we didn’t figure two individual strangers would want to share a bed. We can also bring air mattress(es) if you have a party of 3 or more that's interested.

Cost: The room is $214.11 a night including the tax, which would be the price per person with four total. 

About Us: We’re a group of friends from NW Indiana who game together regularly, age range of mid-thirties to mid-forties. We’re all “bathers” (slightly sad that we have to call that out, but it is Gen Con). We play mostly board games (Euros, Ameritrash, and everything in between), but will do the occasional RPG event here and there. We will have good-tasting beer to share in the room but aren’t heavy drinkers. We also crash at a reasonable hour every night if you’re worried about adequate sleep (and if you’re not, that’s OK too)

Reply here or email me ( [email protected] ) if interested, thanks!

Jon

Posted by morairtym

Just a single person looking for a room but I would be interested. Put up a post on here as well. http://www.gencon.com/forums/20-roommates-and-housing-trades-giveaways-needed/topics/1259-looking-for-people-with-an-open-spot-in-a-downtown-room

Posted by bootylactin morairtym

SQL Programmer huh?  I'm a web developer myself, nearly all MEAN stack these days.  

If we can get another single party interested and you two can work out the sleeping arrangement, we could make it work.  As mentioned I can bring an air mattress or two if necessary.

Also, we might be able take you on as a fifth if we find a pair of folks agreeable to that.  However at that point you'd likely be stuck on an air mattress.

Posted by morairtym bootylactin

bootylactin wrote:
SQL Programmer huh?  I'm a web developer myself, nearly all MEAN stack these days.  If we can get another single party interested and you two can work out the sleeping arrangement, we could make it work.  As mentioned I can bring an air mattress or two if necessary.
Also, we might be able take you on as a fifth if we find a pair of folks agreeable to that.  However at that point you'd likely be stuck on an air mattress.

That would be fine, and would help bring the cost down a little more.  I have slept on the floor at a few cons, even when I was the one who paid for the room, not sure how that happened but it did.  Only thing I would have wished for back in those days was a blanket. 

Posted by asgelb

I have a few lines in the water..but may be interested in this. I have a room currently but can't afford it since my friend had to back out.

I'm 36, a Realtor from Los Angeles. Married but will be traveling alone to the con. 

I'm willing to sleep on a couch or air mattress/rollaway so that two strangers don't have to share a bed :-)

Posted by bootylactin

morairtym and asgelb, if you guys want to be the two, maybe we just roll that way with it?  I'll bring an air mattress so you guys don't have to share a bed, you'd just have to rotate through the King, Sofa Sleeper and Air Mattress throughout the 4-day stay.  My buddy and I will be rotating between the King and the Sofa Sleeper.  I've already heard from asgelb via email, so morairtym if you can send an email to [email protected], we'll get a discussion going off forum.

Posted by bootylactin

Just circling back here, arrangements have been made and this room is no longer open, thanks.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.