Wanted: Fairfield, Springhill, Courtyard HAVE: Marriott Downtown
Posted by ginamarie72

We currently have a King Room at the Marriott downtown (literally right across the street from the convention center).  Traveling with a kid, we'd prefer a place with a little more room, such as the Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, or Courtyard by Marriott.  Again, with a kid, we'd like to still be downtown.  I'm hoping someone might be interested in a trade!

Posted by ginamarie72

bumping just in case anyone is looking to trade :-)

Posted by katyspray

I Have a King Room at the Hilton Downtown (lots of space). It is 5 blocks from the Convention Center if you are interested. :)

Posted by ginamarie72

Thanks, but I think we're really looking for more of a suite.  I have an out of block room at Residence Inn that we just might go with, it's nice to give my daughter her own space.

Posted by canine10

I have a king suite at the downtown Marriott.  I don't need the extra space now.  

Posted by ginamarie72

What's the per night rate for the king suite?  I may be interested, but if it's one of the $400/ night rooms, it's out of my budget.

Posted by joisu

If OP doesn't take the King suite, I'm interested as long as it's not out of block.

Posted by ginamarie72

I'm still hoping someone might want to trade a room at Fairfield, Courtyard, Springhill, or Embassy...I have a King at the downtown Marriott to trade if so!

Posted by drea2go

We have a suite at Embassy Suites Indianapolis - North. How do trades work? Sorry if this is an obvious question....new to going to GenCon!

Posted by drea2go

Oh...just realized you are probably not looking to be out of the downtown area! We are traveling from California with our 6 and 8 year old kids to go to Gen Con and have been hoping to find a downtown hotel.

Posted by ginamarie72 drea2go

drea2go wrote:
We have a suite at Embassy Suites Indianapolis - North. How do trades work? Sorry if this is an obvious question....new to going to GenCon!

Thanks, but we want to still be downtown.  If need be, we'll cram into the Marriott, but my daughter has gotten used to having her own little space so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a suite downtown.

Posted by ginamarie72 drea2go

drea2go wrote:
Oh...just realized you are probably not looking to be out of the downtown area! We are traveling from California with our 6 and 8 year old kids to go to Gen Con and have been hoping to find a downtown hotel.
It's not too far of a walk, maybe 10-15 minutes) but look at Residence Inn on the Canal (out of block).  Rates are decent if you stay a week (extended stay rate for Monday through Monday).

We stayed there last year, and have a back up room booked there for this year.  They have free breakfast and sleeper sofas.  There's a good chance that we'll end up there because as much as I want to be right downtown, the extra space with my daughter is worth the little bit of a walk.  

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.