So as Gencon gets closer....
1 3
1 3
Posted by lordnlkon

I found myself getting less and less actual work done. Anyone else having this "problem"? :)

Posted by divachelle

Vacay brain is fully engaged. This week was a long ride on the struggle bus as far as focus. 

This can only continue to intensify. I have 4-ish days left of work before the con, and I'm already dreading Monday through Thursday  

I'm also supposed to work a half day on Friday, but let's be real here. That's not going to be at all productive, so I'm just adding another day to my leave request on Monday when I get back to the office. 

Posted by ladyimm

Yeah, next week is going to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaag... :)

Posted by lmengsol

Luckily, I am forced to get some work done next week before I leave...but as my wife tells me - "every time I walk in here your on the Gen Con page or forums." It's just getting worse but I am relieved for the distraction.

Posted by jtzell

The Fever has started

Posted by pocketroid

I am definitely excited. Actually I'm kind of sick of waiting, I wouldn't mind hopping in Doc's DeLorean lately. I'm basically ready right now.

Posted by pinheadjo

The next week will be tough. Lots of driving to do means time to daydream about Gen Con. Next Sunday I open "the box".
The day after I got home last year I made a really nice box out of Corian scraps...actually a hollow cube 6" per side with a 1/2" diameter hole in one face. Over the last year I have scrolled up and dropped money into the box (I set a minimum of "x" dollars per week, usually more,  along with a large portion of any $ earned during the year doing small side jobs). It is getting tough to put money in now...it is fairly stuffed. Once the money is in, it won't come out without cutting the box open. Next weekend it will be carefully opened (completely re-usable for next year with careful cutting, sanding, and a bit of glue). Not sure how much is in there...getting really curious.

Posted by jhs pinheadjo

pinheadjo wrote:
The next week will be tough. Lots of driving to do means time to daydream about Gen Con. Next Sunday I open "the box".
The day after I got home last year I made a really nice box out of Corian scraps...actually a hollow cube 6" per side with a 1/2" diameter hole in one face. Over the last year I have scrolled up and dropped money into the box (I set a minimum of "x" dollars per week, usually more,  along with a large portion of any $ earned during the year doing small side jobs). It is getting tough to put money in now...it is fairly stuffed. Once the money is in, it won't come out without cutting the box open. Next weekend it will be carefully opened (completely re-usable for next year with careful cutting, sanding, and a bit of glue). Not sure how much is in there...getting really curious.
That's a great story.  I hope you are pleasantly surprised!

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent

I am sort of 'meh' about it.  I'm taking 2 days off work, but there's no travel involved so I'm not really excited.  Feels like a staycation.  It will be nice to break out of my normal routine though.

Posted by elvinlord

I always get full on vacation brain before a trip.  Makes it hard to self motivate and focus. Bad cause I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder.  Work just piles up.

Posted by microwench

Still 5 days of work to go and brain is already 512 miles away (KC to Indy).

Keeping anything closed to focused this week is going to be so hard....
I'm so ready to go.  Almost completely packed, just need to add in the last-minute, use-it-that-morning stuff.

Posted by thepumaman

Nine days till Gen Con, nine days left of work...  Yay public safety jobs!

Posted by bushmaster microwench

microwench wrote:Still 5 days of work to go and brain is already 512 miles away (KC to Indy).
Keeping anything closed to focused this week is going to be so hard....
I'm so ready to go.  Almost completely packed, just need to add in the last-minute, use-it-that-morning stuff.
Packed?  I bet you also have your Christmas shopping done!  :)

Posted by divachelle bushmaster

Vacation countdown in full force. I'm out of work on Thursday at 11:30AM.

bushmaster wrote:
microwench wrote:I'm so ready to go.  Almost completely packed, just need to add in the last-minute, use-it-that-morning stuff.
Packed?  I bet you also have your Christmas shopping done!  :)
I have my Christmas shopping about halfway done. Doesn't everyone? 

Posted by andrewj.rager

I think packing will start Tuesday night to leave on Wednesday. But prep is a different story.

Posted by melkor

2 work days left after today. 

Posted by alittleparrott

6 1/2 work days left for me, and what am I getting done? Nothing. I'm getting nothing done.

Posted by divachelle alittleparrott

alittleparrott wrote:
6 1/2 work days left for me, and what am I getting done? Nothing. I'm getting nothing done.
Yay! A fellow vacay brainer!

Posted by helenbb

We went through all of our True DUngeon tokens this past weekend and kitted ourselves out for our desired character classes and generic character classes (in case we don't get our first choice). Going through all of those token definitely put me in the GenCon mood!

Posted by ladyimm

It's STILL Monday the week before Gencon?

::grumble, kick imaginary lint on floor::

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3