To Adrian Swartout - Thank You & Good Luck
Posted by mvotruba

Adrian Swartout,

On behalf of us, the attendees, I want to say thank you for all you've done for Gen Con and making it what it is today.

I first read of Gen Con back in 1982, in an issue of Dragon Magazine, and it took me 25 years to finally make the journey.  I have made several friends and had great experiences in the past decade.  Gen Con has grown tremendously in these past 10 years that I've been able to attend.  Thank you for the important role you played.

All Good Things...

When I read your Welcome Letter on page 6 of this year's program, I was both surprised to learn that it's to be your last Gen Con as CEO and I also understood:  If you are going to step down, Gen Con 50 seems the right milestone at which to do so.  I hope your found the experience rewarding.  I wish you the best in your future endeavors and I hope you get the opportunity to return to Gen Con as one of us, an attendee.

Again, thank you & good luck.

Posted by eugene

In the hustle and bustle of each game or event, sometimes its easy for me to forget that GenCon is a tapestry of thousands of these moments across many years of evolution. Along the way, it has become a place that you and your staff have helped bring to many (many!) new people with a fun, open and welcoming atmosphere. This includes my daughter, with whom I am now lucky enough to be able to share GenCon with every year.

On behalf of me and my daughter, thank you for everything you have done as CEO of the best four days in gaming over the last 10 years. 

Wishing you fun, magic and no trolls on your next adventure. :)

Posted by austicke mvotruba

voice_of_reason wrote:I first read of Gen Con back in 1982, in an issue of Dragon Magazine, and it took me 25 years to finally make the journey.

This describes me and so many others I've heard from. For many, Gen Con is not only an amazing event but also a childhood dream and ambition. It's somehow lived up to that impossibly high expectation and even more.

Thank you, Adrian, and everyone involved in producing this fantastic event!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.