Swag bags
Posted by th3redranger

Does anyone know when and where we can pick up swag bags this year? Also how early can one line up for entry into the convention? Thanks everyone, Happy Gaming!

Posted by caitcreates

I was under the impression that they stopped doing swag bags a few years back.

Posted by noone

They haven't had swag bags for a couple of years.  They do have a coupon book you can pick up at registration.  As for the con opening what do you mean?  Games start wedsday in union station.  Official games begin Thursday at 8am.  The dealers hall opens at 10am

Posted by th3redranger

Oh ok. This is my first year attending and someone I know mentioned swag bags so I assumed they were still a thing. But regarding entry, what's the process of entry? Like is there security I have to through any security or do I just walk in a show my badge? I'm sorry, I'm just completely new to this entire process. 

Posted by jedikitty

Entry into the convention center - no security checks (at least not in the past), and just walk in at any time you want. The convention center is open 24/7.

Entry into dealer hall - the doors open at 10 and there will be people at the doors looking to make sure you have a badge. You'll be fine as long as your badge is visible! :)

Posted by th3redranger

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help everyone! Hoor to see you all there, Happy Gaming!

Posted by pezkat

The coupon book replaced swag as there are several vendors who do give things away but you have to go to their booth with the coupon to get it.

Posted by ytuni

Just make sure your badge is visible. With the sell out this year they'll probably be a lot more strict about checking badges.

Posted by captain 10beers

I know they had bags in 2015.  I didn't make it last year.

Posted by rhone1

Swag bags have been gone for years, however, they have a disappointing coupon book you can pick up right next to customer service. 

Tell them I told you that you can have mine also.

Posted by rogersba captain 10beers

captain 10beers wrote:
I know they had bags in 2015.  I didn't make it last year.

There were a couple of years where a cloth bag was given away. I believe Ortus Regni sponsored it at least once. I suppose you could call it a "swag bag" in that it was a bag that was swag, but it wasn't the sack full of goodies that people are asking about.

Posted by jedikitty rogersba

rogersba wrote:
There were a couple of years where a cloth bag was given away. I believe Ortus Regni sponsored it at least once. I suppose you could call it a "swag bag" in that it was a bag that was swag, but it wasn't the sack full of goodies that people are asking about.

Yeah, Ortus Regni sponsored them both times, in 2014 and 2015. :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.