Gen Con 2018
Posted by pinheadjo

So, when does the Gen Con page update for 2018?

Posted by rhone1

I think it updated sometime in October last year.

Posted by nascragman

Yes, but it's going to be at least 3-4 months before anyone has anything interesting to post.

Posted by del_grande

The earliest post I can find to the 2017 forum is October 1, 2016.

Posted by rodoubleb

Let's talk about heartfelt memories, missed connections, and provide a detailed analysis of why Gencon should move from or stay in Indy.   

Posted by lordnlkon rodoubleb

rodoubleb wrote:
Let's talk about heartfelt memories, missed connections, and provide a detailed analysis of why Gencon should move from or stay in Indy.   

Also the house lottery. That needs to be discussed too. 

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? lordnlkon

lordnlkon wrote:
rodoubleb wrote:

Is there room in the discussion for an exhaustive analysis of event ticketing, do you think?

it can be fun to run away wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/13014-gen-con-2018?page=1#42178ined] rodoubleb wrote:[/url]

Is there room in the discussion for an exhaustive analysis of event ticketing, do you think?

I think we should address no-show players... and judges

Posted by braewe nascragman

nascragman wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/13014-gen-con-2018?page=1#42179ined] rodoubleb wrote:[/url]

How about some good things? Did anyone else see that the airport had an area set up where departing folks waiting for planes could play?

Posted by rutherfordr

And remember the massive "GenCon 50" sign on the floor at the foot of the escalators at the airport?

That put a huge smile on my face when I arrived in Indianapolis!

Posted by nascragman braewe

braewe wrote:
nascragman wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/13014-gen-con-2018?page=1#42180ined] rodoubleb wrote:[/url]

How about some good things? Did anyone else see that the airport had an area set up where departing folks waiting for planes could play?
we should discuss reply pyramids

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
And remember the massive "GenCon 50" sign on the floor at the foot of the escalators at the airport?
That put a huge smile on my face when I arrived in Indianapolis!

Really?

Damn.

I took the train in, but I kind of wish I'd flown, 'cause that sounds like a hell of a welcome to Indy.
(the train station had more of a "dodge the sleeping Greyhound passengers" vibe)

Posted by wells nascragman

nascragman wrote:
braewe wrote:
nascragman wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/13014-gen-con-2018?page=1#42186ined] rodoubleb wrote:[/url]

we should discuss reply pyramids

No, first we must discuss moving from Indy. :)

Posted by squirecam braewe

braewe wrote:
nascragman wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/13014-gen-con-2018?page=1#42180ined] rodoubleb wrote:[/url]

was that by the food court area outside security?

Posted by loon squirecam

squirecam wrote:
braewe wrote:
nascragman wrote:
lordnlkon wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/13014-gen-con-2018?page=1#42189ined] rodoubleb wrote:[/url]

was that by the food court area outside security?

Yes, but also with smaller areas inside security on both sides.

Posted by rhone1

When I was heading to catch my flight to return home on Sunday morning of the Con I saw two people at the airport playing a game of Magic in one of the designated gaming areas.  One was clearly a gamer heading home, the other was a Delta Airlines pilot :)

Posted by lmfuqua rhone1

rhone1 wrote:
When I was heading to catch my flight to return home on Sunday morning of the Con I saw two people at the airport playing a game of Magic in one of the designated gaming areas.  One was clearly a gamer heading home, the other was a Delta Airlines pilot :)
My partner is a Limo driver and he actually made great use of the continue your gaming tables with some of the people heading home.  If you saw someone in a suit playing something while waiting for a client that was him. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.