Since its the 50th GenCon will they have anything special going on?
1 3
1 3
Posted by octaviancmb ethrdemon

ethrdemon wrote:
When people say GenCon is getting too pop culture focused, are they talking about this "Dungeons & Dragons" fad that's been taking away space from the serious historical wargaming?
:)
Ever since Stranger Things, D&D has been this fancy new kid on the block. It's disgusting. A whole generation of kids perverted by Demogorgon and Hollywood elites! :)

Posted by werebat

I'd be more upset about WotC not being present at Gen Con if I didn't work in Pawtucket, RI and live in Providence, RI.

AWWWWWWWW, YEEEEEAHHHHH!!!

Housing, Schmousing!!!

Posted by jlawry86 aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
mhayward1978 wrote:
No, there will be no special things... (ask a silly question...)
I heard a rumor that some people may have some tables set up where you can play games... but I'm not totally convinced that it's true yet... 

I didn't know people actually played games at Gen Con. I thought it was just for showcasing cosplay, anime, fantasy, sci-fi, digital media, video games and this thing that all the kids are talking about called "Dungeons & Dragons." o_O

Posted by outofhabit marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Well now,
I think you should probably make sure you're subscribed to the newsletter so you don't miss any potential announcements. :)
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
How do you do that?

Posted by austicke outofhabit

outofhabit wrote:
marimaccadmin wrote:Well now,
I think you should probably make sure you're subscribed to the newsletter so you don't miss any potential announcements. :)
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
How do you do that?

Update Mailing Lists here.

Posted by nascragman nesbit37

nesbit37 wrote:
This isn't happening specifically at Gen Con but we are working on this project:
http://sites.temple.edu/tudsc/2017/02/03/gen-con-50th-anniversary-programs-project/
Yay!  You're my hero!  I've been looking for something exactly like this for a Long time.  Nascrag has been around for 38 years, but information from that long ago is scarce.  Contact me if you need any help.

Posted by nesbit37

Will do nascragman!

Posted by jerrytel

Found some pics I had from what they did in 2004 for the 30th Anniversary of D&D...they had boards set up for each year I believe. I only took pics of the first 3 obviously.

[img]http://nebula.wsimg.com/9167e289391b5cadafe22b804905c61e?AccessKeyId=F7CDEA01E5E2F29B8CEF&disposition=0&alloworigin=1[/img]

[img]http://nebula.wsimg.com/ba86d83bcdd80f0829ea1c995d76383a?AccessKeyId=F7CDEA01E5E2F29B8CEF&disposition=0&alloworigin=1[/img]

[img]http://nebula.wsimg.com/ce1554ce9b408e864311c087dfaa528e?AccessKeyId=F7CDEA01E5E2F29B8CEF&disposition=0&alloworigin=1[/img]

Posted by nascragman roderick

roderick wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:
roderick wrote:
Settle down there, folks. Don't make me get all sheriff-y.
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator; Gen Con, LLC.
Oh OK I have a completely unrelated question. Your name is Roderick. My wife & myself are having a boy in June & have been trying to come up with names. I like that name Roderick, but my wife thinks people will just call him "Rod" or "Rick".My question is, do you get called either other those? Thanks!

I use the Scottish version - Rory. (it comes about because of the way Gaelic handles certain letter combinations). People that don't know me (or are oblivious) call me "Rod" until I explain that's not my name. I don't think I've ever been called "Rick".The name means "Famous Leader", btw. I was named for the character Roderick Dhu, from Scott's "The Lady of the Lake". I just wish my parent's hadn't chickened out and left off the "Dhu" (It means "black" in Gaelic)...

I know it just reveals that I'm juvenile at heart, but whenever I see your name on the forums I think of Monty Python's Life of Brian - one of my favorite films.

Man 1 Well, what about Wodewick then?
Crowd Yeah, welease Wodewick! Welease Wodewick! Hahahaha!
Pilate Centuwion, why do they... tittew so?
Centurion Just some Jewish joke sir.
Pilate Are they... wagging me?
Centurion Oh no sir!
Pilate Vewy well. I shall welease Wodewick!
Centurion Sir, we don't have a Roderick either.
Pilate No Woger, no Wodewick...
Centurion Sorry sir.
Pilate Who is this Wodewick to whom you wefew?
Man 1 He's a wobber!
Man 2 And a wapist!
Woman And a pickpocket!
Crowd Oh, shut up.
Pilate He sounds a notowious cwinimal.
Centurion Haven't got him.
Pilate Do we have anyone in ouw pwisons at all?

Sorry.  :-)

Posted by roderick nascragman

nascragman wrote:
roderick wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:
roderick wrote:
Settle down there, folks. Don't make me get all sheriff-y.
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator; Gen Con, LLC.
Oh OK I have a completely unrelated question. Your name is Roderick. My wife & myself are having a boy in June & have been trying to come up with names. I like that name Roderick, but my wife thinks people will just call him "Rod" or "Rick".My question is, do you get called either other those? Thanks!

I use the Scottish version - Rory. (it comes about because of the way Gaelic handles certain letter combinations). People that don't know me (or are oblivious) call me "Rod" until I explain that's not my name. I don't think I've ever been called "Rick".The name means "Famous Leader", btw. I was named for the character Roderick Dhu, from Scott's "The Lady of the Lake". I just wish my parent's hadn't chickened out and left off the "Dhu" (It means "black" in Gaelic)...

I know it just reveals that I'm juvenile at heart, but whenever I see your name on the forums I think of Monty Python's Life of Brian - one of my favorite films.Man 1 Well, what about Wodewick then?
Crowd Yeah, welease Wodewick! Welease Wodewick! Hahahaha!
Pilate Centuwion, why do they... tittew so?
Centurion Just some Jewish joke sir.
Pilate Are they... wagging me?
Centurion Oh no sir!
Pilate Vewy well. I shall welease Wodewick!
Centurion Sir, we don't have a Roderick either.
Pilate No Woger, no Wodewick...
Centurion Sorry sir.
Pilate Who is this Wodewick to whom you wefew?
Man 1 He's a wobber!
Man 2 And a wapist!
Woman And a pickpocket!
Crowd Oh, shut up.
Pilate He sounds a notowious cwinimal.
Centurion Haven't got him.
Pilate Do we have anyone in ouw pwisons at all?
Sorry.  :-)

You have no idea how passionately I hated LoB when it came out.

Posted by jpederso

I know there's a list of Authors who are going to be there, but is there a way to find out what other gaming dignitaries will be there?  Hopefully a crew from the early days.  Last year I got a copy of a Star Frontiers signed by Larry Elmore who did the cover art.  I also talked to Phil Foglio who I would love to get a dragon magazine signed by.  And in the past I've gotten Margaret Weis to sign the Dragonlance trilogy.  It would be nice to know who all was going to be there.

Posted by nascragman

But seriously, I just went through this whole thread and I haven't seen any official answer.  I understand it's relatively early, but is there anything in the works?

Posted by andrewj.rager nascragman

nascragman wrote:
But seriously, I just went through this whole thread and I haven't seen any official answer.  I understand it's relatively early, but is there anything in the works?

(Gen Con lets imaginations run wild & get everyone hyped. Nothing happens different than last year. ICC & LOS burned to the ground by the big gold dragon in the banner.)

*Wakes up from Nightmare* (Notices way too many new things at Gen Con that it is unbearable amounts of people & not enough time to do everything)

*Wakes up from Nightmare* There is still 145 Days...

Posted by remnant nascragman

nascragman wrote:
News letter would likely let us know no?

Posted by marimaccadmin

See above, and please make sure you're subscribed to our newsletter. :)

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman

I can't seem to find a link for subscribing to a Newsletter.

Posted by nascragman

Hey!  Here's something special - TMBG will be playing an exclusive concert on Thursday night.  You buy the tix through event registration.  at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=2f77d2f8c77398c0b064223ba&id=ab958abdf6

Posted by andrewj.rager

That's nobody's business but the Terks.

Posted by mikeboozer

From the Home Page at gencon.com in the left margin at the bottom:
Select HERE to sign up for our newsletter!

Also on your "My Profile" page:
Mailing Lists:

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman

Got it.  Thanks

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3