Literary Guests for 2017?
Posted by jlawry86

Hey guys! If this question has already been asked on here, then feel free to delete this post - but is there an ETA on when the literary guests will be announced? I noticed on the Facebook page that a lot of artists have been mentioned but there's been nothing yet about the authors. I did just glance over everything so maybe I missed that post...? Either way, I'm curious and some information would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by mikeboozer

No ETA yet on this. Author Guest of Honor is going to be announced very soon.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by helenbb

GenCon just sent this out in an email.Gen Con 50 has chosen New York Times Best-Selling author Charlaine Harris as its Gen Con 50 Author Guest of Honor. Harris is best known for her Sookie Stackhouse series which inspired HBO’s television hit True Blood. As Author Guest of Honor, she will participate in Gen Con 50 Writer’s Symposium events, as well as hold a book signing.

Harris will take part in all four days of the Gen Con 50 convention with the convention announcing her specific event dates and times in May.

Gen Con 50 also will feature appearances from other renowned authors, including Brandon Sanderson, Mercedes Lackey, Larry Dixon, Mark Brinn, and Patrick Rothfuss. These authors also will appear as Special Guests at the convention’s annual Writer’s Symposium.

Posted by jlawry86

Yeah, I saw that post myself when it went live. Thanks, guys! The mods can lock/close this topic if they want.

Posted by chefevild

Great guest! Looking forward to it. 

Posted by nascragman

ooh Mercedes Lackey.  I used to read everything she wrote.  I'm not sure how I drifted away, actually.

Posted by glory

Sanderson is back! AKA the nicest man on the planet! Oooh, I'm so excited! 

Posted by kidlidar

I'm happy that Mercedes Lackey and her husband (Larry Dixon) will be there as well.  I've also read everything she's written.

Posted by j76goatboy glory

glory wrote:
Sanderson is back! AKA the nicest man on the planet! Oooh, I'm so excited! 
Do we know what events/signings he's going to be at?

Edit: just found this schedule

Dam! All of the events are sold out except for one, and I'll be playing Watch the Skies during it.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.