When are Badges mailed out?
Posted by steveogra

I could not find this in the Forum or FAQ (but then it might be there but I missed it)
I am trying to decide on whether to buy a badge and have it delivered (and avoid the line), or do Will Call.

When are badges mailed out?
OR...how soon before GenCon do you actually get mailed out badges?

One of the main reasons I ask is we do a family vacation the weekend before and do not come home until after GenCon, so if they mail out the badges (and events) in that last 2 weeks, (after August 1) Will Call is our only real choice.

Thanks

Posted by steveogra steveogra

steveogra wrote:
I could not find this in the Forum or FAQ (but then it might be there but I missed it)
I am trying to decide on whether to buy a badge and have it delivered (and avoid the line), or do Will Call.
When are badges mailed out?
OR...how soon before GenCon do you actually get mailed out badges?
One of the main reasons I ask is we do a family vacation the weekend before and do not come home until after GenCon, so if they mail out the badges (and events) in that last 2 weeks, (after August 1) Will Call is our only real choice.
Thanks
Found it....they mail out on July 2 this year.

Posted by aaronvsapp

That is interesting to know. My usual answer is whenever I happen to be gone for a week. 

Posted by trace_sl

Will Call was a pain last year. 

Posted by lore seeker trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:

Really? I don't remember it being especially hard. Granted, I got there later than usual (was dealing with damage to my car caused by a damn pothole/manhole on the way in), but aside from the impressive-sized line for 9 p.m. it wasn't that difficult.

Posted by varelseshrike lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
trace_sl wrote:

Really? I don't remember it being especially hard. Granted, I got there later than usual (was dealing with damage to my car caused by a damn pothole/manhole on the way in), but aside from the impressive-sized line for 9 p.m. it wasn't that difficult.

I got there at 10 and by the time it opened up, the line was at the end on the hall and wrapped around back on itself.

Now, the line moves at an amazing speed and every year is more efficient than the last. However, I opted for mail for the first time due to me expecting a bigger line this year due to it being the 50th. I have no data to back that up, just me assuming. 

Posted by mikeboozer

Badges will begin shipping The second week in July. You can track your USPS package on your "My Packets" page once it has shipped.

Handy tips for Will Call:
Will Call opens this year on Wednesday August 16 at Noon. Will Call is open 24 hours a day. It does not close until Sunday afternoon.
You can waltz up to the non-existent line at 2 am on Thursday morning if you choose. Just set your alarm and shuffle over to the convention center. You will be amazed by the lack of line!

I'm sure you can find a Werewolf game there as well at that time if you so choose!

In any case we strive to have that line go as fast as possible even at peak hours.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by lore seeker mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote
In any case we strive to have that line go as fast as possible even at peak hours.

And they typically do a good job with that, especially considering the sheer number of people in those lines.

Posted by bushmaster mikeboozer

mikeboozer wroteYou can waltz up to the non-existent line at 2 am on Thursday morning if you choose. Just set your alarm and shuffle over to the convention center. You will be amazed by the lack of line!

You do realize now that you have said this there will be a line at 2AM?  ;)

Posted by roderick bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
mikeboozer wroteYou can waltz up to the non-existent line at 2 am on Thursday morning if you choose. Just set your alarm and shuffle over to the convention center. You will be amazed by the lack of line!

So set your alarm for 1 and avoid the rush!

Posted by mikeboozer bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:

I thinks I said it was non-existent. ;)

Posted by andrewj.rager

My first year last year I got to Will Call about 8PM Wednesday. The line was huge. Looked like it could have taken days. However, a little over an hour later, we were at the front of the line, badges & tickets in hand. I was amazing. No idea what wizardry Gen Con conjures up, but I was super impressed. It looks daunting, but fear not for it goes fast.

Posted by arlanni

I have an exhibitor badge this year, which has a separate pick up location (not Will Call). If I purchase event tickets, will they be with my badge, or do I need to plan on spending time in the Will Call line to get my event tickets?

Thanks!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.