100 Days and counting
Posted by jtzell

Today marks 100 days until the start of GenCon. I for one can't wait. I am so looking forward to this. So to mark this occasion what is the one thing you are most looking forward to this year? For me it has to be Starfinder RPG. Now lets hear from you!

Posted by soulcatcher78

Mutant Crawl Classics on the new shiny radar - radiation badge not required to play, lol!

Dungeon Crawl Classics - new to me, only a couple of games played and it's a blast.

Posted by lore seeker

So many things.

-Starfinder
-Legend of the Five Rings LCG
-Star Wars: Armada tournament (been practicing for months)

Posted by quarex

Auction, as always. Specifically, being near the front of the line to get into the Auction Consignment Store just as something I am excited about goes up for bid; like being a kid in a candy store who is about to go somewhere with even more candy!

Posted by microwench

I am excitedly looking forward to playing SO MUCH Shadowrun!  Previously, I didn't know the game well enough to be confident playing at cons, but I've had more time to play and learn and this year I'm going to get in as much Shadowrun as I can handle.  

97 days and counting!!

Posted by hoppities

For the auction: is a schedule posted? How do you know when items will go up for bid?

Posted by armadilloal

There's a schedule posted, but not in advance.  They don't know how much time they need to map out for everything until they actually have the items in hand.  It'll be on the sandwich board outside the auction room itself.

Posted by quarex

I have paid so much attention to it over so many years that I can more or less tell you a general schedule from memory though (no promises obviously), Thursday-Saturday (nothing on Sunday morning anymore since about 2010?):

9:00 A.M. - Noon: "Family Games" (mass-market board games mostly)
Noon - 2:00 P.M.: RPGs
2:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.: Miniatures or Collectible Card Games or Collectible Miniatures
4:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M. - Wargames
6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M. - Often catching up on things with more stock than expected
8:00 P.M. - Midnight - Something different every night, usually focusing on either rare stuff (Thursday/Friday) or the Charity Auction (Saturday).

The main exception to this vague pattern is Saturday sometime around 4:00 P.M., when T.O.V.A. (Toys/Oddities/Video Games/Art) hits, a definite highlight of the entire event (not that many sections are not amazing, mind).

Edit: Oh and Tom Wham usually gets to sneak in a 30-45 minute Railroad Games segment one late afternoon!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.