Do you have a ritual for "Button" day
Posted by khoric

Fun post (no salt)
Do you have a standing ritual for registration morning?
We usually spend the night at our friends so our Con group is all together in the morning. Cook up a breakfast then sit and play a game while we go over our list one last time. Everything stops about 15 minutes before "Button Time". We usually process on a PC and if event times that we have scheduled go grey someone will start looking on the laptop or phones for possible replacements if we don't have anything as a backup already. We see what we end up with and see if it's enough or if we want to add something else. It's almost like a game itself for us. Win some and Lose some, but we know it's going to be a great time either way.  

Posted by lore seeker

No ritual except making sure I wake up with enough time to shower, etc. before sitting down to the computer.

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

In previous years, Button Time has been at 4am on Monday, so my ritual has been to wake up at 3, get coffee, and do everything I can to be awake.
Once the button has been pressed, it's mostly chatting with folks on FB & the forums to pass the time.

This year, it'll be at 5pm on a Sunday, so I'll need a new ritual.

Posted by nascragman

I've got to remember to set up my wishlist ahead of time this year.  last time I was scrambling.  Luckily I didn't have anything high-demand, most of my time is spent running nascrag.

Posted by aaronmlopez

I need to NOT schedule anything on this day. Last year, I had something come up and had to leave the house before I was able to process my wishlist. As a result, I didn't get into any of the RPG Games I originally wanted to go to, but was still able to find plenty to do (Same games, different times) and only one of the seminars I wanted to attend was no longer available. This year... I'm OFF and doing NOTHING on button day other than processing my wishlist if I even make one. I may just do the "generic ticket shuffle" and wander about this time!

Posted by rhone1

Our group is largely West Coast, so up early.  We all try to coordinate ahead of time with our wish lists and are talking on Skype during the whole process.  When we get our final lists it's a lot of cheering and cursing, depending what we get.  It's all good though, even if we don't get everything.  There is no such thing as a bad Gen Con.

Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey

Our group gets together at one spot for the Button day.  We play the music from Star Wars: A New Hope when they attack the Death Star ("The Battle of Yavin").  We have it timed so that it ends right when the Countdown Timer ticks zero.  

The last few minutes are filled with references from Death Star run, "Red Five standing by" etc.  

Good times.  

Posted by khoric

"Almost there, Almost there..... Darn it, it went grey." LOL

Posted by quarex

By being blissfully unaware that it is Button Day ;)

Every year I look at the Gen-Con Forums a couple of days after registration and think "huh, I should have looked over the event listing and tried for something this year.  Maybe next year!"

Posted by tdb

Ours involves some interesting chants, the tolling of an iron bell, and the untimely death of a chicken.  But I'm not at liberty to release further details...

Posted by garhkal

I know this year its Sun the 28th, but what TIME sunday?  I am going to be hosting our Sparks group "Marcon Rogue" Con that day from 10 to 6pm..

Posted by garhkal

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? tdb

tdb wrote:
Ours involves some interesting chants, the tolling of an iron bell, and the untimely death of a chicken.  But I'm not at liberty to release further details...

Dark Ritual, Voodoo, or simply a trip to a wing joint?; We may never know.

Posted by laufersweiler

We're hosting a grill-out party for Memorial Day, but I'll be keeping my iPad handy.

Posted by remnant garhkal

garhkal wrote:
I know this year its Sun the 28th, but what TIME sunday?  I am going to be hosting our Sparks group "Marcon Rogue" Con that day from 10 to 6pm..

Isn't it always at Noon?

it can be fun to run away wrote:
[/forums/22-general-info-2017/topics/7351-do-you-have-a-ritual-for-button-day?page=1#26646ined] tdb wrote:[/url]

Dark Ritual, Voodoo, or simply a trip to a wing joint?; We may never know.

The sad thing is, it doesn't seem to be all that effective of a ritual, based on past queue positions.  Maybe we need to spend more magic points...

Posted by garhkal remnant

remnant wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Isn't it always at Noon?

Just wondered, with some saying they were getting up at weird times.  BUT I did forget we have an international spectrum of gamers here..

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? remnant

remnant wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Isn't it always at Noon?

Noon, Eastern time, according to the latest email.

(Which I think is time zone GMT-5)

Posted by lilyjade

I will be sitting at home since I asked for PTO that day and all my friends know not to bother me.

Posted by varelseshrike

I napped through the registration like 4 years ago. I was so angry. Got events, just not what I wanted.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.