Looking for exhibitor(s) - Dead CCG Booth
Posted by jimmythesaint

I've done a search, and cannot come up with what I'm looking for - does anyone know the name of the "dead ccg" exhibitors? They sell other items - tshirts, etc - but have tons of old CCGs for sale as well.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by bith jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint wrote:
I've done a search, and cannot come up with what I'm looking for - does anyone know the name of the "dead ccg" exhibitors? They sell other items - tshirts, etc - but have tons of old CCGs for sale as well.
Thanks in advance.
For about 10 years or so Troll and Toad was *the* place to go for this.  Then, 4 years ago they fire saled everything they had that wasn't an active game. 

Now, we're down to, I think, two booths that actually have a solid selection of dead ccg's.  Unfortunately, we're a good decade after the bust happened so stock is drying up completely on a lot of dead games. 

I know that wasn't a helpful response, but I want to know also since I can never remember their names to look up where they are and have to just wander around and find them.

Posted by jedikitty

I buy Buffy CCG packs from Chimera Hobby Shop. They have a long table full of old CCGs. Hope that helps! :)

Posted by zaphod

Hills Wholesale Gaming

Posted by jimmythesaint zaphod

zaphod wrote:
Hills Wholesale Gaming

That's the one I was thinking of.

Thanks all, I appreciate the help.

Posted by loon

What other sources are there for dead CCGs besides those two stores? I'm asking about internet sources as well, though it seems there were three booths with plenty of necrogames last year. 

Posted by quarex

Thank you for this thread; I think since my second Gen-Con the sight of "endless mountains of failed collectible card games/miniature games/et cetera" at a few booths here and there has been a wonderful sight, filling me with nostalgia for games past, and the idea that the end of those displays might be in sight is tragic!  Well, other than for the vendors, who I am sure are happy to be finished unloading them, hah.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.