Is it too late to think about attending?
Posted by ctgameradvanced

Morning

Is it too late to think about attending (as in everything is booked) or do you think there are still a lot of D&D tables/events to join and hotel rooms close enough to walk?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by glory

There are no walkable hotel rooms left - but there are lots of events available. 

CAVEAT: unless you want/can afford to pay $500 per night. Then you can probably find a walkable room. 

Posted by andrewj.rager

No way. We didn't decide to come last year until around this time. We got a out of block room on the north part of the belt way pretty easy, had gate 10 parking & demoed a ton of games for free. Still plenty of events to join too. The big ones are sold out, but some will allow generics. If you are thinking about coming, do it. You can get a feel for the con, have a better idea of what you want to do next time you come & work out a plan then. Last year was our first & we just spend most of the time playing demos, walking around & taking everything in.

Posted by soulcatcher78

Lots of things left to do (free and otherwise) but downtown rooms will b e extremely rare and expensive at this point (unless you're super lucky).

There's no way to do it all in one trip anyway so grab some generics and jump in.

Posted by llenlleawg

There's plenty to do! There are lots of free demos (Paizo will even be running demos for Starfinder), plus there's still plenty of tickets for games of all sorts. That, plus generics, movies, seeing all stuff in the exhibit hall, meeting people for pick-up games, etc. In short, you won't have to worry about not have plenty and interesting things to do!

Posted by fethbone

It is definitely not too late! Yes, some coveted events are sold out, but even then I know people who have just show up and gotten lucky. The vast majority of things to do do not take strenuous pre-planning. Walkable hotels are different story, but honestly with Uber/Lyft/Cabs and the various parking options it is not that bad.

Posted by rhone1

It is not too late.  Get a hotel room and buy generics.  

I decided to go to Gen Con a few days before the Con started last year.  I booked a hotel pretty far away but got in to an attached hotel the day before due to a cancellation.  Events were also easy to get.  I got into everything I wanted.  People always no show and cancel.

Seriously, you should absolutely come!

Posted by werebat

Last time I went to Gen Con, I did not decide to go until July.  I got into plenty of great events and had a blast.

Posted by ctgameradvanced

Thanks all!

Posted by adcjones

Plenty of room for events and walk-ins.  Pathfinder RPG always makes room for walkins

Posted by helenbb

NASCRAG is another good option. They will take anyone who shows up.

Posted by nascragman

Plenty of room for Nascrag on Friday or Saturday.  Thursday is pretty much full.

Posted by driski

There are still in block rooms that aren't downtown too. We are giving up a room around 7 miles out but a straight shot to the convention center.

Posted by quarex

I just want to add that I did not decide to go to the first Indianapolis Gen-Con until literally that Thursday evening, and I and my companions all worked the next day as well, so we drove in Friday night to our 30-minute-away hotel (and spent ~5 hours in the not-pre-registered line the next morning) and STILL HAD AN AMAZING WEEKEND so yes, look.  You just have to go.  It is THE SINGLE GREATEST ANNUAL EVENT IN THE WORLD and everyone needs to experience it!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.