Professional Face/body painting?
Posted by turbostar

Hey everyone,

Do you know if they have pro face, or body, painters at Gencon?

I searched through the (ever unreliable) search function looking for events and couldn't find one for signing up to have people paint your face for cosplays.  I'm mainly curious because I'm piecing together something, but have zero ability to paint my own face.  

I think it would be cool to have some really skilled people doing it for ticket $$ and was shocked when my searches came up empty.

Any ideas or advice?

FYI- I want to do a celtic warrior character with kilt, boots and some upper body war paint.

Posted by austicke

It's not something I've seen officially offered at past Gen Cons (except for perhaps in the kid area).

Posted by bakermouse10133

I have only ever seen it in the kids area(they take cash I think), but doing a search here intown found this site https://www.gigsalad.com/Variety/Face-Painter/IN/Indianapolis

You might be able to look thru their portfolios to find someone who can do what you want. Looks like most do kids party's, but they might like to branch out and try something different.  I would also look into the local art centers (Indainapolis art center is one) for a student or instructor who might be skilled enough to do body paint. 

Tried looking up makeup artists in Indy and all that came up was for wedding's, but might be another way to go. 

Posted by turbostar

Awesome advice guys!  Thank you!!

I'll check 'em out.  :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.