Interactive map
Posted by nscott

If you haven't looked recently, the interactive map has been updated. If you move around you can see the event hall set up and the Lucas Oil Field set up as well.

Posted by ytuni

Neat! So...are the events on the LOS field actually ON the field? As in, grass turf and all? I wonder how air conditioning and such will work in that open space...

Posted by rogersba ytuni

clscadden87 wrote:
Neat! So...are the events on the LOS field actually ON the field? As in, grass turf and all? I wonder how air conditioning and such will work in that open space...

Based on the Colts games I've been to, it will work very well. 60,000+ and it was quite comfortable. (It had better be for $720 million.)

online
Posted by austicke ytuni

clscadden87 wrote:So...are the events on the LOS field actually ON the field? As in, grass turf and all?

They put down flooring over the turf.

____________________________________________________
Alec Usticke, Unofficial Gen Con Indy Facebook Discussion Group

Posted by tdb austicke

austicke wrote:
clscadden87 wrote:So...are the events on the LOS field actually ON the field? As in, grass turf and all?

They put down flooring over the turf.

Oh good.  I'd hate to hear about a football player getting injured from stepping a D4 that someone lost in the grass!
 

Posted by jevertt

Really looking forward to playing games in and around Horticultural Hall - will be something to see.

Posted by soulcatcher78

Sweet!  Can't wait to get about 20 miles of walking in that weekend, lol.

Posted by trace_sl soulcatcher78

soulcatcher78 wrote:
Sweet!  Can't wait to get about 20 miles of walking in that weekend, lol.

last year was an average of 9 miles a day for me, I was all over the place.  Tried to keep my events this year to at least the same area, by day. 

 

Posted by hauntedcity tdb

tdb wrote:
austicke wrote:
clscadden87 wrote:So...are the events on the LOS field actually ON the field? As in, grass turf and all?

They put down flooring over the turf.

Oh good.  I'd hate to hear about a football player getting injured from stepping a D4 that someone lost in the grass!
 

Yowch! That's a season-ending injury, for sure!

Posted by andrewcase

Am I reading the map correctly that the walls are all taken down in Halls A-E and there is a fairly large clear walking path running between them? I've seen a lot of advice on the forums saying that getting from event to event can take a bit and that scheduling back to back events is dicey. But say I am a boardgamer who will be spending most of my time in these Halls, how long can it take to get between them? Just how bad will congestion be (outside the exhibit hall)? At times I am looking at situations where it looks like might have a straight shot between events and only have to walk 100-200 yards. I suppose trying to get through the line for the bathroom between events might be a whole other dicey situation...

Posted by burrfoot72

Say you have a game at Fantasy Flight in Hall E and you need to get to a game at Cryptozoic in Hall A and are a regular walker.......you can make that in a few minutes.....5 at the most I would think if you just put your head down and walk without getting distracted by what other people are playing as you walk by or you run into friends on the way from point A to point B.

Posted by nscott

Sometimes its not a question of distance as it is just locating the correct table in the vastness of the event hall. :-)
Trying to decide exactly where the line separating A from B based on the overhead banners,for example, or getting to the right table number. The table numbers for a row are posted at the ends of the row and figuring out which way the numbering runs or just finding the signs if lots of people are standing around the isles can be tricky.

online
Posted by austicke andrewcase

andrewcase wrote:Am I reading the map correctly that the walls are all taken down in Halls A-E and there is a fairly large clear walking path running between them?

Yes.
But say I am a boardgamer who will be spending most of my time in these Halls, how long can it take to get between them? Just how bad will congestion be (outside the exhibit hall)?

You'll be fine. A couple minutes.

____________________________________________________
Alec Usticke, Unofficial Gen Con Indy Facebook Discussion Group

Posted by garhkal

Nice..  Now to figure out how long its gonna take to get from my game area, to the nearest food area (usually subway), and the dealer hall..

online
Posted by austicke garhkal

garhkal wrote:Nice..  Now to figure out how long its gonna take to get from my game area, to the nearest food area (usually subway), and the dealer hall..

There's a Subway right in the Hyatt. You don't even have to step outside. :)

____________________________________________________
Alec Usticke, Unofficial Gen Con Indy Facebook Discussion Group

Posted by aaronmlopez garhkal

garhkal wrote:
Nice..  Now to figure out how long its gonna take to get from my game area, to the nearest food area (usually subway), and the dealer hall..

It will take approximately 10 hours... 5 minutes to pass by something shiny that draws you in... 9.5 hrs moving from one fun distraction to the next, and 25 minutes to get your food, eat it and run back to where you were intending on going when you first left the game area.

Posted by garhkal austicke

austicke wrote:
garhkal wrote:Nice..  Now to figure out how long its gonna take to get from my game area, to the nearest food area (usually subway), and the dealer hall..

There's a Subway right in the Hyatt. You don't even have to step outside.

But the Hyatt is on the opposite side of the con from Lucas oil..

online
Posted by austicke garhkal

garhkal wrote:
austicke wrote:There's a Subway right in the Hyatt. You don't even have to step outside.

But the Hyatt is on the opposite side of the con from Lucas oil..

True. Sorry, I thought you were the poster who said they'd be in halls A-E.

____________________________________________________
Alec Usticke, Unofficial Gen Con Indy Facebook Discussion Group

Posted by nascragman rogersba

rogersba wrote:
clscadden87 wrote:
Neat! So...are the events on the LOS field actually ON the field? As in, grass turf and all? I wonder how air conditioning and such will work in that open space...

Based on the Colts games I've been to, it will work very well. 60,000+ and it was quite comfortable. (It had better be for $720 million.)

60,000 is the number of people who fit in the stands.  The one portion of LOS that will be off limits I believe.  We'll be down on the field itself.  Just sayin...

Posted by rogersba nascragman

nascragman wrote:
rogersba wrote:Based on the Colts games I've been to, it will work very well. 60,000+ and it was quite comfortable. (It had better be for $720 million.)

60,000 is the number of people who fit in the stands.  The one portion of LOS that will be off limits I believe.  We'll be down on the field itself.  Just sayin...

Sure. I was mostly referring to the AC capabilities, which should be fine. Unfortunately, I doubt they'll open the roof and windows. :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1