Pokemon booth this year?
Posted by hauntedcity

My kids went NUTS at the Pokemon booth last year.  I don't see it in Interactive Map for 2017.  Is it under a different company name, or are they not coming back this year?  
The booth must have done some major bank last year; it was always crowded with several items selling out and long lines at the registers.

Posted by andrewj.rager

I did not see it on the map in the exhibit hall, but they do have a small area in the gaming(?) hall A-D. If you look at their events, they mention a prize wall. This has to be located somewhere & I would assume a Pokemon Center of some sort. I agree it was packed last year, can't imagine they wouldn't decide to come back.

Posted by varelseshrike

That is surprising given the huge amount of business that booth had last year. It was absolutely crazy. 

Posted by bith

It is entirely possible that the "pokemon" area in the gaming hall includes a store/booth.  You may also note that stores focused on singles cards (e.g. Troll and Toad) have been moved into the gaming area and out of the main exhibit hall as well.

Posted by andrewj.rager bith

bithlord wrote:
It is entirely possible that the "pokemon" area in the gaming hall includes a store/booth.  You may also note that stores focused on singles cards (e.g. Troll and Toad) have been moved into the gaming area and out of the main exhibit hall as well.
Its possible, but the Pokemon Booth (Pokemon Center) had lots of items, not just TCG items. Plus sell & buy back stores such as Eternal Games are still in the Event hall. though in the area close to the game hall.

Posted by jedikitty

Yeah, I was surprised to see Pokemon Center not coming back this year. I saw so many people with literal armfuls of plushies, which definitely adds up $$$-wise!

Posted by sithina

I bought about half my weight in plushies (and some mugs...and some pins...and stuff...) from their booth last year. I'm not even sorry. I'm bummed they don't have a presence this year. Theirs was the first booth I looked for when the map went live lol

Posted by hauntedcity sithina

sithina wrote:
I bought about half my weight in plushies (and some mugs...and some pins...and stuff...) from their booth last year. I'm not even sorry. I'm bummed they don't have a presence this year. Theirs was the first booth I looked for when the map went live lol

Oh, yeah... we had large and bean bag sizes of Pikachu and Eevee, the 20th anniversary trainer box, some extra cards... It was a Wallet Massacre!

Posted by andrewj.rager

I didn't buy anything there last year, but only because I was wanting a Piplup & they did not have any Piplup stuff. But over the course of the last year, I found my Piplup & got a Vaporeon. Maybe I should be on the lookout for more water types this year. lol

Posted by pocketroid andrewj.rager

andrewj.rager wrote:
I did not see it on the map in the exhibit hall, but they do have a small area in the gaming(?) hall A-D. If you look at their events, they mention a prize wall. This has to be located somewhere & I would assume a Pokemon Center of some sort. I agree it was packed last year, can't imagine they wouldn't decide to come back.
"gaming(?) hall A-D"
Thanks for the heads up on this, noted. Is it in event, or can we just walk in?

Also, do ya'll happen to know if there is a Yu-Gi-Oh! presence at Gen Con, ideally a dedicated space? I'm mostly looking to play casually with a deck I bring.

Posted by andrewj.rager pocketroid

pocketroid wrote:
andrewj.rager wrote:
"gaming(?) hall A-D"
Thanks for the heads up on this, noted. Is it in event, or can we just walk in?Also, do ya'll happen to know if there is a Yu-Gi-Oh! presence at Gen Con, ideally a dedicated space? I'm mostly looking to play casually with a deck I bring.
For Pokemon, they have a ton of events scheduled. So I am going to see its not walk in, but maybe they will take generics.

For Yu-Gi-Oh, I do not see any events for the CCG on the website.

Posted by pocketroid

Yeah I saw the events, but I was just hoping for a regular open free spot where people might be playing on-and-off all day casually.

Posted by truelink

Has there been any confirmation on whether they will be running the Pokemon Center in the Event Hall?

Posted by aeast317

I doubt it because the Pokémon World Championships are the same weekend. Pokemon even hired a dif company to run their events at Gen Con. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.