Lucas Oil Stadium Entrance
Posted by johntes

Does anyone know if there will be public entrances open from the street to Lucas Oil Stadium this year? I saw in another post that last year access to LOS events were through the tunnel connector only.

Posted by austicke

The map shows street entrances to the stadium....

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes; you can either take the pedestrian corridor, which is how you would have gone last year to get to the anime area or True Dungeon, or, you can use the "North Gate" entrance, to enter from the outside.  

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman

Marimac, it looks like you'd then walk down through the first section of stadium seating to get to the playing surface.  Will those seats be open for attendees to use?

Posted by bith marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Yes; you can either take the pedestrian corridor, which is how you would have gone last year to get to the anime area or True Dungeon, or, you can use the "North Gate" entrance, to enter from the outside.  
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Awesome!  That's really good news, especially for those of us staying over on that side (hotel wise).

Posted by agent655

Along the same line, will the stadium parking lot be available to use?  And any idea on the daily rate?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Stadium parking?  I know Gate 10 has a lot of spots; not sure if they are at full capacity though.

Posted by marimaccadmin nascragman

nascragman wrote:
Marimac, it looks like you'd then walk down through the first section of stadium seating to get to the playing surface.  Will those seats be open for attendees to use?

The last I heard was that there would probably be SOME stadium seating open, but I can't 100 percent verify that at this point, nor what section that would be. That's a matter for ops and security.  

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by alans

Also, do you know if badges will be checked at the North ENtrance?  Seems like they would be...

Posted by donaldbain

And will the stadium be open 24 hours as well?

Posted by garhkal bith

bithlord wrote:
marimaccadmin wrote:
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Awesome!  That's really good news, especially for those of us staying over on that side (hotel wise).

That makes me wonder.  Are there tubes connecting the Staybridge inns to the con center (or lucas oil??

Posted by austicke garhkal

garhkal wrote:Are there tubes connecting the Staybridge inns to the con center (or lucas oil??

Nope.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Also,

I was just told yesterday that there should be some food trucks outside LOS, at least from 11am to 4pm, so..........check into that. :)

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Also,
I was just told yesterday that there should be some food trucks outside LOS, at least from 11am to 4pm, so..........check into that. :)
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

That's great news.  Thanks marimac.

With Nascrag in the LOS, me in the Crowne Plaza, and food in-between, I may not need to wander outside a 3 block area.

Posted by nialith marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Also,
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Ops guy here. :-) I was told that there should be a couple concession stands open inside that north entrance too. As you mentioned, the plan (which may change) is to have a few sections of seating open near there (probably the North End Zone seats) but everything else will be roped off with security.

Posted by stahlnee marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Will both entrance paths be open on Wednesday evening at 6:30pm?

Posted by marimaccadmin stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
marimaccadmin wrote:
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Will both entrance paths be open on Wednesday evening at 6:30pm?

There will be no access to the stadium on Wednesday for anyone, except those people who have asked for and were given special permission for set up access in that area on Wednesday.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by david campbell marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Also,
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

That's fantastic; might be a smaller line if there are a few tucked away over there! Any idea on which entrance/street?

Posted by rayken alans

alans wrote:
Also, do you know if badges will be checked at the North ENtrance?  Seems like they would be...
What a... suspicious question.

Posted by nascragman rayken

rayken wrote:
alans wrote:
What a... suspicious question.

Asking for a friend...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.