Badge Registration begins January 13
Posted by mikeboozer

Badge Registration January 13

Event Registration May 19

Event Submission January 6...get those events in ASAP!

Posted by helenbb

Whoo hoo, dates!

Any word on the hotel date?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Earlier I couldn't log in until I agreed to (what I thought were) the updated Terms of Service.  However, they still reference the 2018 date:

All participants in Gen Con LLC's ("Gen Gon") 2018 convention ("convention") held August 1 - 5, 2018 in Indianapolis, Indiana, are required to, and hereby do, assume all risk of participation in the convention by accepting this terms of service agreement ("agreement") and the assumption of risk and release of liability described below.

• All refund requests must be made by the end of day on June 17, 2018 at 11:59 pm (Eastern). Absolutely no badge cancellation requests will be honored after June 17, 2018, 11:59 pm (Eastern). (Exchanges can be made onsite starting August 1, 2018.)
  • Cancellations and refunds requested before the June 17th deadline will be processed during Gen Con Customer Service hours.
  • Refund requests received prior to the June 17th deadline will be issued a refund and credited back to the original credit card or system credit used for purchase, less any administrative fees.

Time to get them updated :-)

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
Earlier I couldn't log in until I agreed to (what I thought were) the updated Terms of Service.  However, they still reference the 2018 date:

Time to get them updated :-)

Derp.  They did the same thing last year.

Posted by roderick

I've let "Them" know. No giant ant jokes, please; Greg and the gang are good folk. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Posted by njseahawksfan helenbb

helenbb wrote:
Whoo hoo, dates!
Any word on the hotel date?

I also wouldn't mind knowing when the housing portal opens this year.

Posted by armadilloal

January 27, per the cover photo on the Facebook fan group.

Posted by austicke armadilloal

armadilloal wrote:January 27, per the cover photo on the Facebook fan group.

That was my best guess. I see Gen Con just confirmed it.

Posted by marimaccadmin

If you missed the newsletter (and I really strongly suggest you subscribe if you haven't), here's some of the relevant info:

Put on your party hats and pack up your dice, Gen Con 2019 is on the way! Start the countdown to The Best Four Days in Gaming by marking these important dates on your calendar. Our first couple key dates are coming up next month - including badge registration! Find badge prices and other badge info here
Gen Con 2019 Important Dates

Event Submission Begins – January 6 (Noon Eastern) Last year was great, but you wished that Gen Con had a couple sessions of that one game you love playing? Consider running it! Expose fellow gamers to one of your favorites, have fun playing it yourself, and get a few extra bucks in your pocket for your trip to the Exhibit Hall. Updated Event Host Policy coming in the next couple weeks. 

Badge Registration Opening Day – January 13 (Noon Eastern) We hereby declare Gen Con Badge Registration Opening Day an International Holiday. That's how it works right? Even if we can't make it a real holiday, you can dice up your own holiday giving with a downloadable Gen Con holiday card! Print it out, make a note on the back that you're taking your favorite gaming partner to Gen Con 2019, and revel in being the best gift giver ever (watch out for these on our Facebook page by the end of this week). Make your gift extra awesome by including a Gen Con 2019 shirt, newly released on the Gen Con Store from OffWorld Designs!

Hotel Registration Opens – January 27 (Noon Eastern)  Snag a hotel in the Gen Con discounted housing block! More info to come soon. 

Online Event Registration Begins – May 19 (Noon Eastern) As we get closer to Event Reg, we'll have more information to share, but for now, mark this date on your calendar! This is when you'll submit your wish list of all the events you'd like to attend at Gen Con 2019. 

Ship to Me Deadline – June 16 (Midnight Eastern) Conveniently have your badge and event tickets mailed to you! This is the last day that you can select the USPS Priority Mail option for your Gen Con packet. Awesome exclusives to be included in Ship to Me packets this year. More info to come later! 

Gen Con 2019 – August 1-4, 2019

Posted by technoir mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Badge Registration January 13
Event Registration May 19
Event Submission January 6...get those events in ASAP!

Mike knows how to get me excited! 

Posted by mikeboozer

Select HERE to sign up for our newsletter!
It's the fastest way to get up to date information on the show. I know I get it so I know whats going on!
Three out of 4 Orcs agree!

Posted by kristenjensen

Hey folks, if you sign up for the newsletter using the link that Mike posted ^, can you let me know if you don't receive it? I've heard a couple reports of this happening, and just want to make sure everyone gets the latest news. For reference, I usually publish newsletters on Thursdays or Fridays. They populate on the homepage of gencon.com under the "News" section. 

Also, Mike, I'm curious about your Orc polling process... for marketing purposes. /:)

Posted by roderick kristenjensen

kristenjensen wrote:
Also, Mike, I'm curious about your Orc polling process... for marketing purposes. /:)

I believe it involves the liberal application of a blunt object until the subject indicates a preference. 

Posted by traveller roderick

roderick wrote:
kristenjensen wrote:

I believe it involves the liberal application of a blunt object until the subject indicates a preference. 

Use a mostly dead goblin, they let you swing harder but are less likely to break a jaw and keep them from responding.

Posted by roderick

Goblins are simply a blunt, squishy, object.

Posted by helenbb roderick

roderick wrote:
Goblins are simply a blunt, squishy, object.

The squishiness factor depends on how much armor they are wearing. 

Posted by roderick

Who the heck is wasting good armor on Goblins???

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.