Hauling your purchases
Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager

We were lucky. In 2017 my son was only 2 months old for Gen Con, so he just slept in one of those baby wraps things on either his Mother or myself. All the background noise in the hall was actually nice as little babies like noise. So he slept most of the Con while we would game. This year we left him at home as he is a very active and grabby kid now and that would have been problematic, but not everyone has the option to leave their kids at home.

I agree with Marian, if you are coming with the a stroller, use the umbrella kind. But it is hard to get through the hall just walking, a stroller sounds like a nightmare to push.

Normal
Small
Posted by jamestone1990 jonesr14

jonesr14 wrote:
Obviously a big part of GenCon is purchasing the newest games, figures, and other items I have a few questions about transporting merchandise purchased at GenCon. 
​​​​​​Do you carry your new merch with you all day? Do you find that annoying?
Do you head back to your living quarters after purchases? Do you hate wasting that time?
How does everyone get their GenCon haul from Indy to home, especially if you're flying?
Just curious because I found lugging everything around write cumbersome.
Thanks for your feedback/advice.
Don't ever, ever, ever purchase a truck from a trucking company and haul for them at the same time.

Normal
Small
Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent jamestone1990

jamestone1990 wrote:
jonesr14 wrote:
Obviously a big part of GenCon is purchasing the newest games, figures, and other items I have a few questions about transporting merchandise purchased at GenCon. 
​​​​​​Do you carry your new merch with you all day? Do you find that annoying?
Do you head back to your living quarters after purchases? Do you hate wasting that time?
How does everyone get their GenCon haul from Indy to home, especially if you're flying?
Just curious because I found lugging everything around write cumbersome.
Thanks for your feedback/advice.
Don't ever, ever, ever purchase a truck from a trucking company and haul for them at the same time.
Do you mean, like, don't ever be an owner operator in the trucking industry?  Maybe good advice, but seems irrelevant to this thread.  I'm confused.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.