Military discounts?
Posted by harrison_70

This is not a make it or break it thing, I am just trying to save as much as I can and am trying to get as many as my battle buddies as possible to come to Gencon. Identification can be brought or shown as proof. 

The question is do they have military discounts for Badges, hotels, etc?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Gen Con doesn't provide any discounts.  Individual hotels might, but probably not if you are buying the rooms through the housing system, as those are already discounted for the Con.

Posted by harrison_70 buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Gen Con doesn't provide any discounts.  Individual hotels might, but probably not if you are buying the rooms through the housing system, as those are already discounted for the Con.
thank you for the heads up. Have an awesome day. 

Posted by technoir

I've looked into this, and there are places that offer military rates for hotels. 
They are actually VERY WELL priced. Somewhere around 95-115$ for the downtown hotels. However the rooms are usually very small and some what limited. 

Posted by harrison_70 technoir

irontk wrote:
I've looked into this, and there are places that offer military rates for hotels. 
They are actually VERY WELL priced. Somewhere around 95-115$ for the downtown hotels. However the rooms are usually very small and some what limited. 

Thank you for the info, it will definitely help if we don't win the Housing lotto.

Posted by gib_rebeg

I'm old enough to remember when Gencon use to offer a Military Badge discount. But thats been a good 10+ years.

As many have said, check the hotels and dining est. to see if any of them offer a discount or deal. But DT and during a major event, it will be hard to find.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.