Stuff for 5-year-olds
Posted by the chronek

Howdy.
It looks like I'll be able to make Gen Con this year, and I'm bringing the wife and 5-year-old boy. What kind of things are there for kids my son's age? I've done Gen Con plenty either solo or with friends, but not with a youngun who can walk and talk.
Thanks.

Posted by rong

There are a lot of options to choose from based on what you and your son like to do.

There are a lot of activities in Lucas Oil for young ones, many run by Motley Kids.

-Crafts  (build a podracer was sweet!)
-rpgs for kids that age (simple rules, short duration)
-board game library

My kids also had a lot of fun with the Gen Con Puppet Program events (sing-a-longs with puppets, craft a puppet, etc)

Some of the giant sized games are great for kids.

Really depends on what you are in to, but I'd certainly recommend a look at the Motley Kids events at a minimum.

Posted by aaronr

Here is a list of the kids events from last year. These are events that you could purchase tickets for even if your child only had a kids wristband rather than a full priced badge.

Posted by jenouflex

Hey thanks rong!

Motley Kids will for sure be back, and assuming no changes in policy all KID events are open to wristband-only gamers. We're targeting 4-8 year old attendees so you're welcome to join us!

Posted by the chronek aaronr

aaronr wrote:
Here is a list of the kids events from last year. These are events that you could purchase tickets for even if your child only had a kids wristband rather than a full priced badge.
Sweet. Those look like lots of fun.

Posted by trapdoorspy

Do any of you know if I can get tickets for my "wristband kid" to play from the game library? I can't really tell whether that is an event that would require I get my kid a badge.

Posted by aaronr trapdoorspy

trapdoorspy wrote:
Do any of you know if I can get tickets for my "wristband kid" to play from the game library? I can't really tell whether that is an event that would require I get my kid a badge.
The wristband only allows them to play in KID events.

Posted by trapdoorspy aaronr

aaronr wrote:
trapdoorspy wrote:
The wristband only allows them to play in KID events.
Thank you for the quick reply. :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.