Using shipnaked to send home Haul
Posted by francotheiii

Last year I saw Shipnaked at the con, but ended up using the shipping office in the ICC. Because of the cost, I'm considering using Shipnaked this year. Has anyone had any experience using them to ship their haul? Did you have any issues? Was it worth the price?

Thanks for your input!

Posted by galvatron42

I'm going to have to ship items home this year. I do not have an answer to your question,  but have one of my own. Is the shipping office in the ICC open on Sunday? How long did it take? Was there a long line? Thank you. I'm flying in this year but have a large purchase list already.  Worried about getting it all home. Thank you again.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Depending on your airline, it might be cheaper to check a bag or two on your way home.  What I do every year is bring the largest suitcase I have, and then put a duffel bag in there.  I then fill the suitcase & the duffel and that is usually enough to get my swag back.

Posted by francotheiii galvatron42

galvatron42 wrote:
I'm going to have to ship items home this year. I do not have an answer to your question,  but have one of my own. Is the shipping office in the ICC open on Sunday? How long did it take? Was there a long line? Thank you. I'm flying in this year but have a large purchase list already.  Worried about getting it all home. Thank you again.
The shipping office was definitely open on Sunday and there wasn't a very long line in the morning. It did take a while, but more importantly it was pretty expensive. I think I paid almost a hundred dollars to ship a bunch of my stuff to California. 

Posted by francotheiii buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Depending on your airline, it might be cheaper to check a bag or two on your way home.  What I do every year is bring the largest suitcase I have, and then put a duffel bag in there.  I then fill the suitcase & the duffel and that is usually enough to get my swag back.
I did the same for the last few years. Though this year I have a multi stop airline trip and I'm thinking the hassle of possibly losing the extra bag wouldn't be worth it. The shipment home is actually for the overflow that doesn't fit in the suitcase. 

Posted by jtzell

We used Shipnaked last year and it worked out great. The cost is normal for a convention and the items were delivered 3 days after we got home with no fuss and didn't have to worry about the weight limit for the flight. I will be using them again this year if they are there.

Posted by francotheiii jtzell

jtzell wrote:
We used Shipnaked last year and it worked out great. The cost is normal for a convention and the items were delivered 3 days after we got home with no fuss and didn't have to worry about the weight limit for the flight. I will be using them again this year if they are there.
That's good to hear, the rates were definitely more affordable than the ICC shipping office, but they were an unknown business to me so I went with what seemed like a sure thing. I'll definitely check them out again this year. 

Posted by galvatron42

Where was Shipnaked located? In the dealer hall? Thank you.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

IIRC, they were near one of the closed entrances to hall J in the Capitol Concourse.  At least there was someone there offering shipping, but I never saw anyone working the table, just a box and a price list.

Posted by stahlnee buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
IIRC, they were near one of the closed entrances to hall J in the Capitol Concourse.  At least there was someone there offering shipping, but I never saw anyone working the table, just a box and a price list.
Saw people working there when vendor hall was open. After vendor hall  hours I didn't see anyone.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.