Vendors?
Posted by jrdaviscubed

Hi, I'm going to be attending for the first time this year, and I'm curious as to whether or not they release the list of vendors at a certain time. I know when I initially looked, there was a map full of last year's vendors on the site, and was hoping I could have that to look at again. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted by jedikitty

Yes, the exhibit hall map/vendors list will be released sometime in the next couple of months. Probably sooner rather than later. :)

Posted by jrdaviscubed

EXCELLENT! Thank you again!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

There is also a site that has a link to every vendor’s website or FB page, so you can check them out and see which vendors you might want to prioritize.  I’ll post a link once the site is up.

Posted by brumcg

I think the list dropped on 5/17 last year.  Since the dates are very similar in 2019, that's likely a good guess.

Posted by danielscooby

Would like to see that list too. =]

The site is at living dice, and here's last year's list.  I would guess at least 75% (maybe more?) of the vendors on it will be back this year.  Some of the small fry maybe not, but all the larger vendors usually are regulars at Gen Con.

One thing you can do is go by your friendly neighborhood gaming store.  Check out the games they have, and talk to the people there about your gaming interests, and have them suggest games that might fit.  Make those a priority to visit in the hall.  Also, take note of the prices of games at the store.  If you try the game at Gen Con, and find you like it, consider buying it locally unless the vendor is running a good deal (also avoids having to schlep it back). IMO, it's always best to support the local game store, unless it's a very small vendor, where they could use the extra revenue from the Con sale.

Posted by austicke

The exhibit hall map and vendor list will be out tomorrow.

Posted by jrdaviscubed

That is wonderful news, thanks Alec!

Excellent news.  Now I can plan to see all the vendors that were in my list from last year but that I never got to.

Posted by robert_98

So, I just saw that Ninja Division is going to be back in the Hall...  I'm curious about this as they seem to have essentially stolen millions from consumers using Kickstarter.

​​​How does the GenCon team decide who gets a spot or not?  I would have thought this company would be black listed from events like GenCon.

The map & list are up

Posted by buffythecatslayer robert_98

robert_98 wrote:So, I just saw that Ninja Division is going to be back in the Hall...  I'm curious about this as they seem to have essentially stolen millions from consumers using Kickstarter.

​​​How does the GenCon team decide who gets a spot or not?  I would have thought this company would be black listed from events like GenCon.

I would wonder why a company who messed up their KS so badly would get a booth at Gen Con.  It's highly likely that there are a number of attendees who got screwed, and are going to be flooding their booth wanting answers (and their money back).

Whether Gen Con should be an arbiter of good behavior outside the con is a whole 'nother discussion.

Posted by hendelbolaf

Maybe I will take my small handful of Starfinder miniatures that I got and show them the list of MANY, MANY miniatures that I am still missing. I know I will give them a piece of my mind for sure!

Posted by raidkillsbugsded

Apparently, that company is going to need a complaints window at their booth.  

On a side note, I'm shocked and surprised that Minuteman Miniatures doesn't look like a returnee for this year...

Posted by jtzell buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
robert_98 wrote:So, I just saw that Ninja Division is going to be back in the Hall...  I'm curious about this as they seem to have essentially stolen millions from consumers using Kickstarter.

I would wonder why a company who messed up their KS so badly would get a booth at Gen Con.  It's highly likely that there are a number of attendees who got screwed, and are going to be flooding their booth wanting answers (and their money back).Whether Gen Con should be an arbiter of good behavior outside the con is a whole 'nother discussion.

I agree with you both that it is in poor taste to have them at the con given their problems with Kickstarter. I was also one of the backers that got shafted by them. I would like to see the Gen Con staff reevaluate their inclusion into the convention given this poor performance. I know I will be avoiding them like the Plague!

I agree with you both that it is in poor taste to have them at the con given their problems with Kickstarter.

I think you misunderstood my response.  I was wondering why the company itself would want a booth, considering they're going to be a target for a bunch of angry people.  I didn't take a stand on whether Gen Con should disallow companies for bad activities outside the con.

As to that whole 'nother discussion, my opinion is that it is not Gen Con's job to police the world.  Companies do bad stuff (can't use stronger word in family-friendly forum) all the time.  If it's done within the context of the con, such as a company taking money at their booth but not delivering the promised product, then Gen Con should revoke their rights.  But the Kickstarter problems happened outside Gen Con's purview, and as annoying as Ninja Division might be, it is not a con issue.  If they're offering stuff for sale, or promoting a new Kickstarter at their booth this year, then caveat emptor.

Posted by stryyder

Well, it looks like ND is still trying ANYTHING to get back in the black.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/tabletop-ninja-division?linkID=&mcID=102:5cd35f03382c29521ff7a649:ot:5cc9d365db76615eab12b997:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019_05_15_ninjadivisiongamesystems_bookbundle&linkID=&utm_content=cta_button

Posted by random_axcess buffythecatslayer

Unfortunately GenCon has already set precedent of their willingness to be the arbiter of actions "outside" the convention.

Posted by pinheadjo

Might have missed it, but I am not seeing 4Ground listed as a vendor.
Hope they are there...one of my regular stops for stuff.

EDIT: Yesterday I got an email from 4ground...they will not be attending this year due to an illness. Hope all goes well and they return next year.   (sigh) Now  need to find somewhere else to spend my $$. Wonder if I can find somehwere to do that ...at...Gen Con...?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.