Child accounts and adding events
Posted by shanrock

Hello!  This is our first year attending gencon! My Husband and I will be bringing our 6&8 year old children.   When adding events (such as mini dragon painting) is there a way to add it for just the kids?   Or do I just add it to our two adult badges and let the kids paint?   Or do all four of us need to register (and pay) for these events.   I keep getting an error message when trying to add events for the kids when adding to the wish list.  Thank you for any help you can provide!!!!

Posted by holisticdeveloper

If all four of you want to participate, then you need to buy badges for the kids also in order to get event tickets for them. If you are each pairing up with a child, then I would say you should be fine to get the ticket in your own name.

However, if the event is in the Kids Activities category, I don't think a badge is required.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Right that's correct. A child wristband can participate in KID events only.  If they want to participate in other events, they need a regular badge.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by shanrock

Thank you for getting back to me!  To clarify, is something that is for everyone 6+ considered a kid event?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi,

Kid events have the KID designation in their title, as opposed RPG or bgM or WKS.  So it's only events that start with KID that are child events.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by laufersweiler

While I've attended myself several times in the past, this is my first time bringing my kids (8 & 10) and the concept of "KIDS" events as a category distinct from and mutually exclusive with "Everyone (6+)" age-class regular events, even free ones, was entirely lost on me. 

I eventually found the details once I started getting the error when trying to register the three of us together for things, and dug around trying to figure out why. 

I'm now at a bit of a loss for what to do. Frankly, I'm not sure I'd have considered bringing them along had I understood this, or at least would have been setting more money aside each month since last year when we started planning our this year's vacations.

In particular, the fact that being able to play a game together is going to cost an extra $220 has me thrown for a loop. I play with my home crew every week. I GM for the kids and their friends every month. I was really looking forward to being a player alongside them. 

Posted by jenouflex

What we've done in years past is get the kids a one-day badge for the day we're planning on having them do events with us. Saves a fair amount and they are wristbanded the other days.

Your 8 and 10 yo will be welcome to come play KID RPG's (they're not baby games!) with Motley Kids too -- and you can kibitz, at least?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.