KID event tickets
Posted by arcabious35

Hello, I am bringing my 4 year old daughter, and have ordered the wristband.  My question is when purchasing KID event tickets for her do I also need to get a ticket for myself for that event?  Obviously I won't be participating in the craft or event, I will be there with her.  I am assuming it is okay for the parents to stand in the back ground to be there to help the child out.

Posted by aaronr

You need to have a badge for Gen Con but not a ticket to the event if you are just accompanying her.

Posted by arcabious35

Thanks, that is what I was assuming but wasn't 100% sure of the KID event ticket requirements.

Posted by helenbb

In the description, it might say something about whether or not parent involvement is necessary. You could also contact the organizers and ask. 

Posted by mikeboozer aaronr

aaronr wrote:
You need to have a badge for Gen Con but not a ticket to the event if you are just accompanying her.

The reverse is true as well. If you are participating in an open event (That is an event not in a closed ballroom or place that requires a ticket to get in) your child may accompany you as well. 

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by jenouflex

From a kid EO standpoint --
Motley Kids anticipates that there should be a parent or responsible adult present with kids -- we aren't doing child care, just events, so plan to stick around, but we only need your kid to be ticketed (unless you're doing your own project too). It's been my experience that most KID events are similar.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.