Transfer of System Credit to Another
Posted by hendelbolaf

I have a friend who is not attending Gen Con this year and may not for the next few years if ever, but he has system credit. Is there a way for him to contact Gen Con customer service and have that system credit transferred to me?

Thanks! 

Posted by selene314

According to the Terms of Service, system credit is not transferable.

But I assume he can still use it to buy tickets for you and other friends. This would just have to be done through his account.

Posted by hendelbolaf

Could he do that if he doesn’t have a badge? We are on each other’s friends and family list.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

As long as the people he’s buying the tickets for have badges, he should be able to.  I’m not sure how will-call works in that situation.. I think the person whom the tickets are for, not the purchaser is the one that can pick them up, so it should work.

Posted by cmegus

According to this from: https://www.gencon.com/attend/faq#eventregistration

Do I need to have a badge to purchase event tickets?Yes, you need to have a badge to purchase any event tickets. You will not be able to purchase event tickets online or onsite at the show without a valid Gen Con badge. Check out Badge Registration above for details.

G

Posted by mikeboozer buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
As long as the people he’s buying the tickets for have badges, he should be able to.  I’m not sure how will-call works in that situation.. I think the person whom the tickets are for, not the purchaser is the one that can pick them up, so it should work.

Will Call packets go to the person the tickets or badge are for not to the purchaser, unless of course they are purchasing for themselves.

To be clear USPS mailing is account specific. Anything you order on your account will be mailed to your address regardless of who those items are for. After June 16 anything you order on your account must go to Will Call regardless of you having USPS mailing.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager 
Gen Con LLC

Posted by buffythecatslayer cmegus

cmegus wrote:
According to this from: https://www.gencon.com/attend/faq#eventregistration
Do I need to have a badge to purchase event tickets?Yes, you need to have a badge to purchase any event tickets. You will not be able to purchase event tickets online or onsite at the show without a valid Gen Con badge. Check out Badge Registration above for details.
G

And the people he's buying for have badges.  It's a grey area whether the account holder needs a badge to buy for others... I guess he should just try it & see what happens.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.