Any NSDM events this year?
Posted by marv

Will there be any NATIONAL SECURITY DECISION MAKING (NSDM) GAME events this year? It was highlighted in the 2018 program and I was hoping to try this year. I don't see it in the event list yet. 

Posted by boc_mage

Have to go look but thought they put a statement that due to participation they were either pulling out of Gen Con or Origins past year. I know they have events listed for Origins but that even seemed a real short list. Looking to a crisis game Wed down at Columbus (Origins).

Posted by bugwar

I take it that the 'megagames' on the event list aren't what you are looking for if the NSDM isn't happening?

Posted by trace_sl

Not all events have been added at this time, they are being added daily and it is possible they are just running late. 

Posted by brooks bugwar

bugwar wrote:
I take it that the 'megagames' on the event list aren't what you are looking for if the NSDM isn't happening?

I'm also disappointed if the NSDM won't be at Gen Con this year and took a look at the megagames as a possible replacement. The various scenarios definitely sound interesting, however as someone casually interested, I was definitely priced out. I absolutely understand they charge what people are willing to pay. However at roughly $6 - $11/hour for a 4 or 6 hour game, that is way beyond what I'm comfortable paying for an event.  

Posted by stahlnee

If you are on their email list, they sent out an email last year explaining the situation that last year might be their last year at GenCon along with the driving factor(s).

Posted by marv bugwar

bugwar wrote:
thank you for tipping me off to megagames!!!! Perfect. 

Posted by funny-shaped dice stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
If you are on their email list, they sent out an email last year explaining the situation that last year might be their last year at GenCon along with the driving factor(s).

Consider it rumor, but there is a posting on the Gen Con forum on Redditt that claims that NSDM *will* be back this year:  https://www.reddit.com/r/gencon/comments/blcugz/no_nsdm_games_this_year/ .

Specific comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/gencon/comments/blcugz/no_nsdm_games_this_year/emxb0qe?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Not a Facebook user so I don't know anything about their "Facebook page" - but, for those of you who are into this kind of thing, might give you some hope.  Events could show up in the next few days ahead of registration.  :)

Posted by ja1214

Just saw that these are posted now!

Posted by aklevah

NSDM has 10 games posted in the system.

Posted by marv

Its unfortunate that they submitted late.  The great news is that I found megamages (thanks to bugwar).  I'm excited to try it out. 

Posted by ja1214 marv

marv wrote:
Its unfortunate that they submitted late.  The great news is that I found megamages (thanks to bugwar).  I'm excited to try it out. 

As a year round volunteer with the Megagame Coalition, I certainly won't discourage this thinking :P

But if you have nothing scheduled for Wed evening, you could join NSDM then - and you'll probably see a bunch of the MGC people there!

Posted by aldctjoc

Aha, glad I read this thread today. Finally got into some NSDM events. Enjoyed them enough last year to where I want to do more this year. :D

Gotta keep looking to see what appears. Events are still rolling in. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.