Pin Trading with Pin Bazaar?
Posted by [email protected]

I am intrigued by this in my latest e-mail, but can find little info other than the event listing. Pin Bazaar's website is unenlightening. 

How does this work? I assume you must come in with a selection of pins already. Is it only Pin Bazaar pins?

Posted by funny-shaped dice [email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
I am intrigued by this in my latest e-mail, but can find little info other than the event listing. Pin Bazaar's website is unenlightening. 
How does this work? I assume you must come in with a selection of pins already. Is it only Pin Bazaar pins?

It’s only Pin Bazaar pins - basically, you spend a ridiculous amount of money to purchase lots of commonly available pins and then go to the Pin Bazaar events to attempt to trade up your common pins for pins that are more rare - by trading with other collectors and/or employees.

There are other posts about it both on these forums and on Reddit (/r/gencon).  Do your research - seems like a lot of participants - who may not be familiar with how the pin collecting thing works at Disney World or the various PAX Events around the country and from which these spawned - are caught off-guard by the costs and the fact that you, more or less, have to trade into the less common and rare pins.

Seems to have caught on with the “Collection Completist” syndrome from which so many of us geeks suffer.  

Good luck...and may God have mercy on your soul (and wallet).

Posted by nascragman

If you are looking for a really rare pin, Nascrag is putting on a Deluxe version of our usual Pathfinder Tournament that includes an ultra-rare Nascrag 40th year at GenCon pin.  Give Nascrag a try and get a really rare and cool looking pin.

funny-shaped dice wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

It’s only Pin Bazaar pins - basically, you spend a ridiculous amount of money to purchase lots of commonly available pins and then go to the Pin Bazaar events to attempt to trade up your common pins for pins that are more rare - by trading with other collectors and/or employees.There are other posts about it both on these forums and on Reddit (/r/gencon).  Do your research - seems like a lot of participants - who may not be familiar with how the pin collecting thing works at Disney World or the various PAX Events around the country and from which these spawned - are caught off-guard by the costs and the fact that you, more or less, have to trade into the less common and rare pins.
Seems to have caught on with the “Collection Completist” syndrome from which so many of us geeks suffer.  
Good luck...and may God have mercy on your soul (and wallet).

Thanks for the explanation. This doesn't sound like my kind of thing, after all. Good to know! I hope those who do love it, get the pins they want and meet some new friends during the trading.  

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.