Accessing friend's wishlists
Posted by bigbillfromwaukesha

Is there a way to access friend's wishlists? I'm not going to see them before the event registration goes live and it might be to complicated to coordinate over text if I want to attend the same events.

Posted by derekguder

No you cannot, unfortunately.

Your fiends will need to either copy & paste the text or send you a screenshot to share the contents of their wishlist.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by selene314

You can buy tickets for your friends to make sure you are all in the same event. But definitely discuss this first, lest you block the friend from getting a different event at the same time.

Posted by freebiegrabber

PLEASE CHANGE THIS, GenCon admins!  People don't "accidentally" become friends in your GenCon registration system; it requires a deliberate, intentional multi-step process to happen!  There are ONLY two reasons people would go to the trouble of becoming friends in the GenCon registration system:  to buy someone else a badge and to buy someone else one or more event tickets.  See where I'm going with this...?  And while we're at it -- why the arbitrary cap of 40 events max?  Please raise it!

Posted by aaronr freebiegrabber

freebiegrabber wrote:
There are ONLY two reasons people would go to the trouble of becoming friends in the GenCon registration system:  to buy someone else a badge and to buy someone else one or more event tickets.
Adding someone to your friends list allows you to do exactly those two things.

Posted by dmdiggity

@freebiegrabber

Totally agree. I'm quite surprised you can't share or view your friends' wishlists. Would be a huge quality of life improvement for planning events with friends. I know nothing about web design - perhaps it's prohibitively complex to set up? If not, there's really no excuse for it not to be implemented.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

It wouldn't be that complex to set up, just some web page changes and additions.  However, that still requires time, which they've chosen to not expend.  I know I would also want them to add one or two additional permission levels to allow each friend to view/change your wish list.  Just because you want someone to be able to buy tickets or a badge for you, doesn't mean you want them mucking up your wish list.

If they do choose to make the change, it won't be for this year, and certainly not in the next 30 or so hours, when it would make the most difference.

Posted by dblade

Currently, the best thing to do is to copy your Wish List into an email and send it to them. They can click on the links to take them directly to each event and then sign up. If they do it in the order that it was copied they will have an identical Wish List as yours.

Posted by dblade

You will still have to coordinate who is signed up for what just in case you are entering different events. My group has identical Wish Lists that includes any events that an individual may want to get without the others. As long as the correct person is signed up for a ticket it doesn't mess with anyone else's schedule.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.