Wish List Processing
Posted by manimal

I know that everyone that submits a wish list before the events go live is given a lottery number, and that the wish lists are processed in that order. My question is this: Does the entire wish list get processed when your number comes up or is it that you get your highest choice still available and then it moves to the next number, cycling through until it gets back to you?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

It's not really a lottery number, it's simply a position in the queue.  Once you get to the top, your entire wish list is processed.  Any tickets still available for your selected events are assigned to you based on the priority of overlapping events.  There is no round-robin among different peoples' wish lists.

Posted by rong

You can't "submit" your wish list before the events "go live". You are not assigned any time or number when you create a wish list.

You enter the processing queue when, after Event Registration opens,  you click the "submit wish list for processing" button. That button is currently greyed out and inactive. When that countdown timer hits zero, the button will become clickable.

Posted by rong

Once you are at the top of the queue, your entire wish list is processed at once based on the priorities you set and event availability.

You then have 2 hours to drop unwanted items from your cart and pay for those you want.

If you go back and add more events to your wishlist, you will then reenter the queue. Anything you already purchased is safely yours.

Posted by armadilloal

> I know that everyone that submits a wish list before the events go live is given a lottery number,

Technically, there is no lottery.  The order wish lists are processed is the order in which the submissions are received after being submitted at noon Sunday.  However, since some 7,000 wish lists are submitted within one second of the button going live, the practical effect is that the output seems random to the end user.

Posted by spy

Does the "Submit Wish List For Processing" button - that is grayed out now- MOVE when the Event Registration timer runs out (counts down to all Zero's)?

Posted by spy

Sry, I mean physical move on the page.

Posted by funny-shaped dice spy

spy wrote:
Sry, I mean physical move on the page.

No. It changes color and becomes active so you can actually click on it.

Posted by spy

The reason I ask is that two years ago (I could have sworn) the button physically moved on the page after the count down reached Zero.

Posted by hahnarama manimal

manimal wrote:
I know that everyone that submits a wish list before the events go live is given a lottery number, and that the wish lists are processed in that order. My question is this: Does the entire wish list get processed when your number comes up or is it that you get your highest choice still available and then it moves to the next number, cycling through until it gets back to you?
You are referring to a Fantasy Football "reverse the snake" draft and that would make to much fraking sense os they will never adopt it as a fair policy  

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? spy

spy wrote:
The reason I ask is that two years ago (I could have sworn) the button physically moved on the page after the count down reached Zero.

I do remember that.
Not by much, but it did mean that if you were (hypothetically) furiously clicking on the button as go-live approached, it moved out from under your pointer and THEN activated.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.