Wishlist and buying for multiple people
Posted by scarykavu

I have a question about how the wish lists work. I'm not sure how to ask this but here goes.

I am buying tickets for 5-6 friends on my friends list for a specific event but am not selecting the "only buy if all are available" and then I have a back-up event for the same time slot (lower in the priority) buying for the same people.

If I am only able to get say 3-4 tickets for the first event when the wish list is processed, will my back-up event still buy tickets for the 2-3 people that didn't get a ticket for the first event? Will it continue to cascade if I have a back-up to the back-up?

Posted by stahlnee

Good questions. I have only tried it with only get if all available since we wanted to all game together.

Posted by dblade

I think the answer is yes. The system only bars someone getting a ticket if they already have an event in their name that is running during the same time. So if 3 people out of 6 got the First Event, the next 3 people in that group would still be eligible for the back up events because the system reads that there is no conflicts on their schedule and therefore they can be placed in any open slots.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

I wonder how the system decides who gets into which event. 3 people in the higher priority, 3 in the lower.  Is it random, or in the order they appear in your selection list?  Not that it matters in practical terms as you can always swap/transfer the tickets, just idle curiosity.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Not quite sure I understand you question; your wishlist does process in order of events on it, and wishlists process in order, not simultaneously; does that resolve you question?

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by scarykavu

I understand how it prioritizes, I just needed confirmation that if I wanted to buy 6 tickets but only 4 were available, I would have an opportunity to buy 4 and then the 2 remaining people would default to the next option on my wish list.

Posted by marimaccadmin

I believe that's correct unless you choose the option to only buy if all tickets are available.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by holisticdeveloper buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
I wonder how the system decides who gets into which event. 3 people in the higher priority, 3 in the lower.  Is it random, or in the order they appear in your selection list?  Not that it matters in practical terms as you can always swap/transfer the tickets, just idle curiosity.

Based on my experience in the last couple of years, it does it in the same order as displayed when you choose for whom to get the tickets: yourself, your extra ticket, and then your friends in alphabetical order by last name. So if you are trying to get 4 tickets and only three are available, Mr. Z will be left out.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Zed always gets the short end of the stick.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.