Catan Tournament Cancelled?
Posted by blarwick

The events for the Catan Tournament Qualifiers all disappeared (they were there earlier today)... did the event get cancelled?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

They appear to have all been removed in the 5:51pm update:

Eventdb changelist

Posted by stahlnee

They only remove events if no one has it on their wishlist.

Posted by knuteski

It seems all of the Cata Studios events are gone.  Hopefully they are correcting something and they'll show back up because all my wife cares about is playing Floor Catan.

(I already had it in my wish list as of over a week ago.  It just left it in my wish list but I get a 404 error when I click on the event.)

Posted by noone stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
not sure where you got your information but no, wish lists has nothing to do with it.  The only way events are removed is when the event organizer asks for them to be removed.  After Sunday there will be plenty of events with no tickets sold and they will not be removed.

Posted by blarwick

That's a ton of deleted Catan events.  Very odd...

Posted by samlamiam

I wish they would shorten the tournament.   

I might play Catan for, say, 8 hours Thursday or Friday to qualify for nationals, but all day Friday, all day Saturday, AND 5 hours Sunday? You'd have to commit almost your entire Gen Con to playing Catan.  That's like going to a chocolate tasting convention and eating Hershey kisses all day.

Posted by stahlnee noone

miked wrote:
stahlnee wrote:
not sure where you got your information but no, wish lists has nothing to do with it.  The only way events are removed is when the event organizer asks for them to be removed.  After Sunday there will be plenty of events with no tickets sold and they will not be removed.
An event organizer asked GenCon to remove a listing. GenCon replied it could not be removed because it was on someones wishlist.

They removed all the Catan Tournaments.  It's hard to believe that no one had any of them in their wishlists.

Posted by noone stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
miked wrote:
stahlnee wrote:
An event organizer asked GenCon to remove a listing. GenCon replied it could not be removed because it was on someones wishlist.
I doubt that very much since in the past I had gencon remove events that people had on wish lists

Posted by stahlnee noone

miked wrote:
stahlnee wrote:
miked wrote:
stahlnee wrote:
I doubt that very much since in the past I had gencon remove events that people had on wish lists
Doubt doesn't change facts.

Posted by noone stahlnee

stahlnee wrote:
miked wrote:
stahlnee wrote:
miked wrote:
stahlnee wrote:
Doubt doesn't change facts.

Nor does not listening to facts.  I notice you have no comment about the time a canceled and velvet before registration and after people emailed me about my event on their wishlist disappearing. Better yet let’s go to the horses mouth the event hosting policy page 15

Before the convention, you can cancel or change an event by emailing [email protected] with the event title, event ID, and event start time. Be proactive. If you do not receive confirmation, call us directly or stop by GM HQ on site to confirm the cancelation of your event. If you have not received direct confirmation from Gen Con that your event has been canceled, you are still responsible for running it.

Hmm. You can cancel events after people pay for them but not before they pay for them.  You think the event host policy would mention that

Posted by smarty_213

I saw one of the AGoT Catan floor games (which I put on my wishlist) on the deleted events update, but it must have been added back because I still see it on my wishlist, on the official Gen Con listing, and on the gencon.eventdb webpage... so maybe the listing of it as a deleted event was a glitch?

Yeah, it seems like several of the floor events got duped or something else odd happened, but it could have been just a glitch with the spreadsheet. However, all the tournaments are definitely gone, at least for now.

Posted by blarwick

The events are definitely back today.  I'll write this up as a glitch in the system.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.