Workshop Crafting Events Should Have Pictures
Posted by cman811

Pretty self explanatory.   I think that crafting events should have a picture of exactly what we're going to be crafting.  There sometimes is and sometimes its on the event runner's website, but very very often it isn't, or the website it just an email address.  

Posted by jedikitty

I agree, it's extremely unlikely I'll do a crafting event without a picture.

Posted by austicke

Many of them have also been posted to the Fans of Gen Con group on Facebook.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Sure, I get that; we don't have the ability to append pictures to our event listings, but we do encourage crafters to add a URL which goes to a picture.  Not all do, but some do.  Definitely reach out to the EO if this is an issue and let them know you'd strongly prefer a photo, if they don't have one.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by cman811 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Sure, I get that; we don't have the ability to append pictures to our event listings, but we do encourage crafters to add a URL which goes to a picture.  Not all do, but some do.  Definitely reach out to the EO if this is an issue and let them know you'd strongly prefer a photo, if they don't have one.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Fair enough, I didn't know that limitation existed about the pictures.  I have emailed a couple, I just thought the process would be more streamlined if it was included in the event description. Thanks for the explanation! 

Posted by kellishaver

Agreed. There are some crafting events my kid wanted to do ("kid" being 17) but we couldn't find pictures for them. Spending $18-40 on a craft when you can't see the finished item... not gonna happen. 

That said, we dug through Facebook and found photos for some things and, TBH, most of them were a let-down, especially compared to the cost of the event. :(

Posted by buffythecatslayer

This is not really Gen Con's issue; it's up to the event organizer to provide a link to a page which shows the item(s).

Last year I contacted the EO, and she emailed me a picture of the item. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.