Thank You from the Megagame Coalition
Posted by ja1214

Wow!  In 2018, our third year, we were excited to sell out our five events. It meant this megagame thing was growing. So for 2019 we ambitiously raised our events and tickets by double. And they sold out even faster!

As I type this, we have 4 of 600 tickets left. And that doesn't count the 17 different runs of Everything Epic's Blood Feud, which a veteran megagamer designed to be a smaller megagame in a box (32 players).

So from all the members of the Megagame Coalition, thank you for being as interested and passionate about this game genre as we are! We look forward to seeing you in August!

Posted by ja1214

Den of Wolves (3) and Heavy Reign (1) have tickets left.

Various runs of Blood Feud also have tickets available.

And if you weren't lucky enough to get a ticket for your favorite megagame, then volunteer for it instead - and get perks!  

https://megagamecoalition.com/#volunteer

Posted by latetothisparty

here here!

Posted by bugwar

Thank you for making the effort to expand.
Who knows, maybe you will keep going and give True Dungeons a run for the money in the number of sessions.

Posted by bugwar bugwar

Posted by tokihughes ja1214

ja1214 wrote:
Wow!  In 2018, our third year, we were excited to sell out our five events. It meant this megagame thing was growing. So for 2019 we ambitiously raised our events and tickets by double. And they sold out even faster!
As I type this, we have 4 of 600 tickets left. And that doesn't count the 17 different runs of Everything Epic's Blood Feud, which a veteran megagamer designed to be a smaller megagame in a box (32 players).
So from all the members of the Megagame Coalition, thank you for being as interested and passionate about this game genre as we are! We look forward to seeing you in August!

Congratulations.  I'm excited to go to one of my first Megagame.

Quick question - Is Den of Wolves a good choice for a very, very first megagame but heavy into social deduction and Heavy Eurogames?  Or would you suggest choosing/hoping to get into a different one?

Thank you,

Posted by bugwar

Again, thanks for increasing the number of sessions.

In addition, I had some questions about Den of Wolves, but haven't received a response when I emailed the queries in - 

[email protected]
[email protected]

Is there a better Point of Contact I should use?

Posted by komoridarkclaw

Excited for my Deephaven event (Gold, gold, gold. Is my favorite dwarven song. Bonus points if you know what its from). Wanted Watch the Skies but didn't luck out. 

I will be watching for a ticket to be returned for Watch the Skies, but I also know that Generic tickets work. However, $60 in generics is quite a lot for the chance to walk on, so will there be an option to buy them at the event and/or pay with Credit Card? I heard, though I cannot confirm, that True Dungeon did that last year as their tickets are ~$80.

~Komori

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Yes, there are several Event HQs around the con where you can buy generics.  I'm not sure they take CCs, as the only time I used them I had system credit, but I can't think they won't, since not everyone has credit available.  Note that if you have a bunch of generics left at the end of the con, you'll need to stand in the customer service line to return them for system credit (they don't refund generics).

Posted by ja1214 bugwar

bugwar wrote:
In addition, I had some questions about Den of Wolves, but haven't received a response when I emailed the queries in - 
[email protected]
[email protected]

That's a good point of contact. You can also ask questions on our Discord here:  https://discord.gg/pZfBChN

Be patient with us. We're a volunteer crew and there's a lot of communication to go through :)

Posted by ja1214 komoridarkclaw

komoridarkclaw wrote:
Excited for my Deephaven event (Gold, gold, gold. Is my favorite dwarven song. Bonus points if you know what its from). Wanted Watch the Skies but didn't luck out. 
I will be watching for a ticket to be returned for Watch the Skies, but I also know that Generic tickets work. However, $60 in generics is quite a lot for the chance to walk on, so will there be an option to buy them at the event and/or pay with Credit Card? I heard, though I cannot confirm, that True Dungeon did that last year as their tickets are ~$80.
~Komori

Completely understand your concerns, but unfortunately, we won't be selling generics or accepting credit cards directly.

Posted by ja1214 tokihughes

tokihughes wrote:
ja1214 wrote:

Congratulations.  I'm excited to go to one of my first Megagame.Quick question - Is Den of Wolves a good choice for a very, very first megagame but heavy into social deduction and Heavy Eurogames?  Or would you suggest choosing/hoping to get into a different one?
Thank you,

I think we may have answered your question already via another channel, but just in case...

"Den of wolves would be a great first pick for those who enjoy social games. There are other MGs that lean more Euro-y
Den of Wolves is a bit more on the freeform end with the resource management requiring more diplomacy and negotiation than puzzling. Overall, good first timer pick"

Posted by ja1214 bugwar

bugwar wrote:
Thank you for making the effort to expand.
Who knows, maybe you will keep going and give True Dungeons a run for the money in the number of sessions.

Haha, we'd certainly welcome that popularity for megagames! It truly is a unique game style, in my opinion. But I think we have a little ways to go still... (8k tickets to 600).

It's our goal to become considered a convention highlight event like True Dungeon, even if that behemoth is in a class of its own :)

Posted by shaunmcmillan

So glad I am able to run ALLIANCE Last Days this year. The sales show that there is a hunger for big games. It feels really incredible to be part of a fast growing community. 

Posted by ja1214 bugwar

bugwar wrote:
[email protected]
[email protected]

I was just told we cleared out our email inbox, so let me know if you didn't receive a response to your inquiries. 

Posted by bugwar

"It's our goal to become considered a convention highlight event like True Dungeon, even if that behemoth is in a class of its own :)"

Interesting.
Imagine 'Watch the Skies' with Hollywood style sets, participants dressed for their roles, and the Control group worked over by makeup artists.

[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/25/SepCouncilUtapau-ROTS.png/revision/latest?cb=20141122180512[/img]

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.