True Dungeon Forum is great for finding fellow players on your run
Posted by jedibcg

My yearly reminder that you can go to the True Dungeon Forums and use the "Gen Con 2019 Group Index" thread to find other players that are on the run with you if you like.

https://www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=613&id=249245

Posted by shanew

I really suggest doing this.  Last year in TD I had two different slots where people showed up and had either purchased a bunch of stuff for a particular class or had played that class their entire TD career and someone else got it before they got there.  One of the experiences was a little tense and could have made the overall thing less enjoyable.  If you can pre plan a little bit it makes it a bit easier.

Posted by ja1214

Posted by jrdaviscubed

The event my buddy and I bought tickets for (TDA19159120, Thursday at 2) doesn't seem to be showing up on the True Dungeon Forums. Is our event a ghost?

Posted by komoridarkclaw jrdaviscubed

jrdaviscubed wrote:
The event my buddy and I bought tickets for (TDA19159120, Thursday at 2) doesn't seem to be showing up on the True Dungeon Forums. Is our event a ghost?
No, it just means no one has made a thread for it yet.
Go ahead and make one :)
~Komori

Posted by jrdaviscubed

Right on. From what I'm aware, our event is full, and I'm not personally looking for anyone to join our group, as it's my friend and I's first time going, so there's not much need for me to. We basically just wanted to make sure our event was definitely happening, as it was not on the list of other stuff happening. Thanks for resting our spirits!

Posted by boc_mage jrdaviscubed

jrdaviscubed wrote:
Right on. From what I'm aware, our event is full, and I'm not personally looking for anyone to join our group, as it's my friend and I's first time going, so there's not much need for me to. We basically just wanted to make sure our event was definitely happening, as it was not on the list of other stuff happening. Thanks for resting our spirits!

I'd bet on 8 others joining 'your' group as unless there's a last min no show it'll be 10 folks in every run. The run will happen, starting a forum post on the True Dungeon forums is a good idea to hopefully meet up with other folks to see who has what gear and would like to play what class. Always a little rough until you find out all the ticket holders. 

Posted by jrdaviscubed

Sound as your logic is, I'm going to trust that a more knowledgeable and organized person who bought tickets at the same time as me gets all of that going, as this is my first time attending and that sounds like a lot of upkeep, lol.

Posted by mhayward1978 jrdaviscubed

jrdaviscubed wrote:
Sound as your logic is, I'm going to trust that a more knowledgeable and organized person who bought tickets at the same time as me gets all of that going, as this is my first time attending and that sounds like a lot of upkeep, lol.

You can absolutely show up no prep, and you don't need to find others.

The posts in the TD forums are not put out there by the event organizer, but rather by attendees.

For the curious:

The reasons to go to truedungeon.com ahead of time and try to meet up with your group are to:

a. Coordinate which players will play which classes - this can save some discussion in the coaching room and avoid any surprises

b. See if there is unanimous agreement on a difficulty level other than normal from all 10 players (all 10 players must unanimously agree to play anything other than normal).

c. Build rapport - TD is a team event, you'll have a better go of it if everyone works together.

Posted by marv

If you are in Oden’s Redux Friday 5:03 please join me at True Dungeon Oden Fri 5:03 forum

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.