D&D Experience, Mid-Track A
Posted by castigere

Hi All --

Super excited to say that a couple friends and I got into the D&D Experience Mid-Track A.  Played a couple games with Baldman in the past and they were fantastic, so we are very much looking forward to this.  There are three of us coming from the Denver area (Boulder, actually).  I understand that, all things being equal, it's preferable to form up a party first, so that you don't have to wait to get marshaled into a group.  

That said, are there any groups of 2 or singles that want to join up?  I'm not sure what the preferred group size is, probably 5 (+ DM).  

We're pretty flexible about who is playing what.  We actually don't have any Tier 2 characters (yet) and have a set of games scheduled for the next six weeks so that we can get there.  

Any interest?  Anyone want to share their excitement about D&D Experience?!?

-Brian

Posted by narzat

The tables are generally set at 6 player parties (maximum, so there could be fewer if there are not enough folks to fill out a full table.). Definitely good fun, and I’m looking forward to doing it again this year after missing the last one.  We already have a team of 6, but wish you good luck in finding some companions!

Posted by searingrain

As it gets closer to Gencon, someone from BMG actually makes a forum post and tries to get groups matched with DMs ahead of time! So if you don't get any bites on this, that post will probably be made in a few weeks, so I'd just keep an eye out for it!

Mid-Track B-er here, also very excited for BMG's events! :)) They made my group's experience at Gencon last year, and my group this year has again almost filled up every single slot with an event by them! :)

Posted by wavester

I just want you guys to know as I sit here, sore as heck from shoveling and moving 3 yards of topsoil this afternoon, working on Origins and Gen Con stuff, when I would much rather me laying in my bed counting sheep, that posts like these with people excited to play, looking forward to Gen Con, and really spending their quality Gen Con time with us playing D&D really helps me power through the late nights. Helps remind me that all the work now equals a lot of smiling faces in a few months, making new friends, and great memories. Now I need to pray to the caffeine gods again and get back to it.

Posted by tparhamjr castigere

bwd72 wrote:
Hi All --
Super excited to say that a couple friends and I got into the D&D Experience Mid-Track A.  Played a couple games with Baldman in the past and they were fantastic, so we are very much looking forward to this.  There are three of us coming from the Denver area (Boulder, actually).  I understand that, all things being equal, it's preferable to form up a party first, so that you don't have to wait to get marshaled into a group.  
That said, are there any groups of 2 or singles that want to join up?  I'm not sure what the preferred group size is, probably 5 (+ DM).  
We're pretty flexible about who is playing what.  We actually don't have any Tier 2 characters (yet) and have a set of games scheduled for the next six weeks so that we can get there.  
-Brian
I like the way you think, Brian! We've got 3 coming from Iowa, but ended up in Tier 3 (eek!). Much like you folks, we are busting our butts to level up ahead of this amazing experience! Best of luck finding folks to team with. If you know of any T3-ers who would be kind to some newly minted L11's (maaaaaybe one L12, 'cause DM rewards), then send 'em my way, yeah? Also check out the Moonshaes LARP event. BMG is kicking it up a notch this year! ... I honestly didn't think there were any notches left, but there it is.

Posted by tparhamjr wavester

wavester wrote:
I just want you guys to know as I sit here, sore as heck from shoveling and moving 3 yards of topsoil this afternoon, working on Origins and Gen Con stuff, when I would much rather me laying in my bed counting sheep, that posts like these with people excited to play, looking forward to Gen Con, and really spending their quality Gen Con time with us playing D&D really helps me power through the late nights. Helps remind me that all the work now equals a lot of smiling faces in a few months, making new friends, and great memories. Now I need to pray to the caffeine gods again and get back to it.
You're a champion, and we bring the good vibes and big smiles in your righteous name, oh shiny-headed one! As for the topsoil, that's rough. This is why I always say that if I could have any cantrip in real life it would be Mold Earth. So many practical applications!

Posted by castigere tparhamjr

tparhamjr wrote:
bwd72 wrote:
Hi All --
-Brian
I like the way you think, Brian! We've got 3 coming from Iowa, but ended up in Tier 3 (eek!). Much like you folks, we are busting our butts to level up ahead of this amazing experience! Best of luck finding folks to team with. If you know of any T3-ers who would be kind to some newly minted L11's (maaaaaybe one L12, 'cause DM rewards), then send 'em my way, yeah? Also check out the Moonshaes LARP event. BMG is kicking it up a notch this year! ... I honestly didn't think there were any notches left, but there it is.

Do you have further info on the LARP event?  I couldn't find one matching that description.  Good luck in Tier 3!!!

Posted by tparhamjr castigere

bwd72 wrote:
tparhamjr wrote:
bwd72 wrote:
Hi All --
-Brian

Do you have further info on the LARP event?  I couldn't find one matching that description.  Good luck in Tier 3!!!

Hmm ... not finding it in the system anymore. Possible it got pulled or is being reclassified somehow, I guess.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.