"Czech Games Edition" Events
Posted by pahowell0520

I see a number of events listed for Czech Games Edition but none require tickets.  Is this just a show up to that room any time situation?  Is there a way to reserve a table/demo for a particular game?

Posted by kiyote

If you mean there are events that have zero cost, that is a very different beast than not requiring a ticket.  It's a zero cost ticket, but you need a ticket.  That's what reserves your seat.  CGE is just eating the cost for you to come demo their titles.

(I'm assuming you're referring to these:   https://gencon.eventdb.us/keyword.php?searchBy=Czech+Games+Edition  )

Posted by buffythecatslayer

And most of them don’t require any ticket, free or otherwise.  For those events, there is no way to buy one.  Others require a generic ticket.  

Neither option reserves a seat for you. I guess it’s just show up & hope they have room.

Posted by pahowell0520 kiyote

kiyote wrote:
If you mean there are events that have zero cost, that is a very different beast than not requiring a ticket.  It's a zero cost ticket, but you need a ticket.  That's what reserves your seat.  CGE is just eating the cost for you to come demo their titles.
(I'm assuming you're referring to these:   https://gencon.eventdb.us/keyword.php?searchBy=Czech+Games+Edition  )

I am referring to events that do not allow you to purchase tickets even though it shows there are tickets available.  I am guessing this must work similar to the demo areas on the dealers hall where you just walk up and find an empty table than someone comes over and teaches you the game.

Posted by nscott

Generally speaking, I would expect it to be similar to the Rio Grand game room. The specifics will be up to CGE of course and will certainly depend on how big a volunteer staff they have recruited. But yes, its just a turn up and play area.

Posted by danieljosephoneil

In addition to the ticketed events, which are full play-throughs, there are also walk-up demos of pretty much all of CGE's games going on for free all day.

Posted by pahowell0520 danieljosephoneil

danieljosephoneil wrote:
In addition to the ticketed events, which are full play-throughs, there are also walk-up demos of pretty much all of CGE's games going on for free all day.

How do you get tickets to the ticketed events?  They can't be purchases ahead of time it seems.  I would like to have a reserved slot if possible rather than hoping there is an available table and instructor.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

It seems like all their events that actually require tickets (which are just a few) are sold out.  For the rest, it's just walk up & see if they have space, there's no way to buy tickets for them.

You can see on this list all the sold-out events, and all the others are all 5/5 or 4/4, meaning they don't sell tickets for them.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.