Lack of 5E DnD events?!?!?
Posted by heychadwick

Hi,

My son and I waited to get our GM passes before trying to find some 5E Dungeons & Dragons games.  Now..   there doesn't seem to be many left, except high level stuff (11+). Yes, yes, I now know I should've ordered sooner, but what to do?

All the Baldman games seem full.   There is another group (Lemon something?) that is mostly full.  Last year had more options, I thought.    Or...maybe some late entries?  I feel like there were more smaller run DnD games that were Adventure League games.

I also know some people drop and such.  Sometimes there is an opening. 

What has been the experience with waiting to see what pops up?  Will new events be added that might show up?  Any advice on what to do?

Jim C

Posted by stormforge

Get some generics, they inevitably let most generics in. Check the event lists too, people return tickets and Gencon updates their event list 3 times daily.

I’m still looking for the Esper Genesis events to be listed. Sour Lemon Genes is the other group with sanctioned 5e and they are doing the Open on Saturday 

Posted by llenlleawg

If you want to play short (2 hr) games with 1st-2nd level characters, the Baldman Games "Introduction to Adventure" sessions are still open. You can play multiple sessions, since there are 4 different mini-adventures.

There also seem to be spots for "Hunt for the Thessalhydra" (clearly "Stranger Things" inspired!), which has ready-made characters. (Not Baldman-sponsored)

Otherwise, I think there are generally openings for generics at the Baldman events.

(If you are feeling flush and/or generous, you could play the Castles & Chemo IX adventure, which is also a charity event [hence the $20 price tag for the ticket].)

Posted by aceorton

Feels like either (a) there were way more ticketed spots for Baldman's 5E adventures in 2018, or (b) they became markedly more desirable this year (as a result of it being so well-run last year). I remember seeing lots of tickets available for a few weeks after the start of event sales a year ago, and this year they were gone really fast.

@Wavester?

Posted by heychadwick aceorton

Thanks for the info on checking stuff daily.  I'll have to do that or get him to.

llenlleawg wrote:
If you want to play short (2 hr) games with 1st-2nd level characters, the Baldman Games "Introduction to Adventure" sessions are still open. You can play multiple sessions, since there are 4 different mini-adventures.

Thanks, but not really into a intro mission.  We have mid level Adventure League characters we would rather use.  
aceorton wrote:
Feels like either (a) there were more way ticketed spots for Baldman's 5E adventures in 2018, or (b) they became markedly more desirable this year (as a result of it being so well-run last year). I remember seeing lots of tickets available for a few weeks after the start of event sales a year ago, and this year they were gone really fast.
@Wavester?

That's what I was thinking.   So, it's not just me, at least.  :)

Posted by stormforge

If you check, there are returned tickets for a Baldman Games event, Blood in the Water

Posted by omfg1001

Does anyone know of a place where people sell tickets to these events?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Click on the "Find Events" link on the left (or from the Attend) drop-down.  Find the event, and buy the ticket.

If you're looking to buy a ticket from another player that wants to sell it before they can return it at Gen Con, there is no organized place for that.  

Posted by wavester

I have been summoned. 

Like many say keep.checking as tickets pop back up all the time. 

As to ticket count I believe we have just as many tickets this year as last.

Show up. Bring generics. Odds are very favorable that we will make ya happy.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Odds are very favorable that we will make ya happy.

Yeah, the last person I saw telling people that the odds may be in their favor was sending children off to die in combat, so I'll take that with a grain of salt. :-)

Posted by wavester

I've been training my children but it's more likely they'll be the death of me then the other way around. 

Posted by heychadwick stormforge

stormforge wrote:
If you check, there are returned tickets for a Baldman Games event, Blood in the Water

Yeah, but APL is 13.   :(  Need more low or mid level stuff.

Posted by sutekh-1 heychadwick

heychadwick wrote:
stormforge wrote:

Yeah, but APL is 13.   :(  Need more low or mid level stuff.

DDAL-DRW02 Blood in the Water: A Four Hour Adventure for Tier 2 Characters. Optimized for APL 8.

Posted by heychadwick

Thank you!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.