Returned tickets on gencon
Posted by pshep999

Posted by pshep999

So if we are not allowed to return tickets online at this point how is there a Tickets Returned category that continues to show up on gencon.eventdb.us each day at 0551, 1151, 1751, and 2351? How are those all being returned to the system?

Posted by k_dog64

I think a lot of them are events adding slots.  For example, a lot of pathfinder events showed up on there last night.  Most of them showed 6 more open slots which to me felt like they were potentially adding another party or something to each of the events.

Posted by pshep999 k_dog64

k_dog64 wrote:
I think a lot of them are events adding slots.  For example, a lot of pathfinder events showed up on there last night.  Most of them showed 6 more open slots which to me felt like they were potentially adding another party or something to each of the events.
Might be yes. Just weird that they say returned. After all these years I had never noticed that. I was like hold up! Haha

Posted by selene314 pshep999

pshep999 wrote:
k_dog64 wrote:
Might be yes. Just weird that they say returned. After all these years I had never noticed that. I was like hold up! Haha

Pretty sure the third-party sites just look at number of tickets available. If that number goes up, it's a "returned" ticket.

Posted by rust

Will we be able to return tickets at some point? I have tickets for an event and I know now that we won’t make it but feel bad that people that want to go will show it as sold out. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Yes, you can return them on-site at Customer Service starting Wednesday at 12 noon.

Posted by burrfoot72

I think it might also be people putting tickets in their cart because they think they want them and then don't complete the purchase.  After a period of time 2? 4? hours they are "returned" to the pool of available tickets.

Posted by rust buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Yes, you can return them on-site at Customer Service starting Wednesday at 12 noon.
excellent, thank you, doesn’t give other people much of a chance to pick up the empty spots but it’s better than nothing. 

Nope, it doesn't.  As they move to e-ticketing, this problem will be reduced, as they are adding the ability to return e-tickets even after the cutoff date (June 16 this year).

Posted by hauntedcity

Are we able to return e-tickets now, or do we have to wait until on-site?  Real Life just invaded the Thursday of Gen Con, and I'm going to be unable to make a True Dungeon event.  (Insert a super sad face here)

They are adding a feature to return e-tickets, and it’s supposed to be available before Gen Con starts.

Posted by austicke

I was told yesterday that online returns for electronic tickets will go live within a couple days.

Posted by hauntedcity

Thanks!

Posted by cmegus buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:

Do we get cash back for returning event tickets or Gen Con credit if tickets are returned onsite?

G

Posted by austicke cmegus

cmegus wrote:Do we get cash back for returning event tickets or Gen Con credit if tickets are returned onsite?G

Your choice. Generic tickets may only be returned for credit though. And all carry a 5% fee.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by samlamiam

Is there a way to return tickets for an event so that I can sign up for an event (happening at the same time) that was just added to the database?

Posted by austicke samlamiam

samlamiam wrote:Is there a way to return tickets for an event so that I can sign up for an event (happening at the same time) that was just added to the database?

If it’s an electronic ticket, yes, you can do that online now. If it’s a paper ticket, you need to wait until Customer Service opens at Gen Con on July 31.

Posted by samlamiam austicke

austicke wrote:
samlamiam wrote:Is there a way to return tickets for an event so that I can sign up for an event (happening at the same time) that was just added to the database?

If it’s an electronic ticket, yes, you can do that online now. If it’s a paper ticket, you need to wait until Customer Service opens at Gen Con on July 31.

That kinda sucks, although I understand the logistical reasons for the problem. 

Maybe they should allow people to buy conflicting tickets if the second ticket is to an event that didn't hit the database until after the return deadline passed.

I have 18 tickets and not a single one is electronic.  So that particular innovation isn't helping me.

Posted by kellishaver samlamiam

samlamiam wrote:That kinda sucks, although I understand the logistical reasons for the problem. Maybe they should allow people to buy conflicting tickets if the second ticket is to an event that didn't hit the database until after the return deadline passed.

I agree. There are some events that got added after the shipping/returns deadline that I'd rather go to but they conflict with tickets I already have. I'd love to be able to go ahead and buy the tickets now, rather than wait until the con and hope those event are still available.

I understand why Gencon doesn't want to allow people to schedule conflicting events, because it could create a logistics nightmare with returns, etc. (plus it creates a lot of unnecessary printing of paper tickets, currently). By all means, don't let people do it if it's before the return window closes, but if someone wants to do it after that, they could throw up a big warning page first, make them agree to a waiver on returns, or add a small surcharge for printing costs, etc. 

Even if it meant I couldn't return the original ticket for that time slot, I would still buy tickets for a couple events. 

Really, though, I guess the best solution is just for Gencon to continue pushing forward with e-ticketing and make that the standard. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.