D&D Experience Question
Posted by castigere

Does anyone know offhand if you have to bring your "+1" book for Baldman AL games?  I know that in PFS games, sometimes they would be sticklers about making sure that you purchased the +1 book and had it with you.  My guess is that Baldman wouldn't care as long as the +1 isn't anything unusual (mine is just Xanathar's) but I don't want to pack extra stuff I don't need (Why?  It's Gen Con, I'm going to be bringing back 50# worth of new games!!)

While I'm at it, are there any groups of 2 or 3 in Mid-Track A looking to group up before the con?  I have 3 in my group who will be 5th-6th level.

Gen Con!!!

-Brian

Posted by searingrain

Hi! You do not need to physically bring the book as long as you're good with your abilities! Anecdotally, I've never had anyone ask about that at the tables. Someone will likely have it anyway, and you can just look it up on your phone if it became an issue! No one in my group brought any books other than the PHB last year haha. 

I'm also in Mid-Track B, but we are a group of 5 :c. Hopefully you'll find some people! Last year, BMG made a post trying to get the groups together before the con, so I'm hoping that will happen relatively soon!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

I would think if you're doing one of the short (2 or 4 hour) events with your own AL character you could probably forget the +1 book.  But if you're doing the Track events, that's 16 hours of gaming & leveling, you might want the book with you for reference.

Posted by castigere

Lol my track was a mistype -- We're in Mid Track A, but your point(s) are well taken.  I didn't think we needed to bring it, but just wanted to be sure!  Thanks for the replies!

Posted by wavester

Ya you are cool unless it is something really weird. Odds are somebody at the table has access to it and most likely the DM is already familiar with it. No worries. Worst case we look something up at HQ but been a long long time since we had to do that. Rule one - Have one. 

Posted by drmean

Is Xanathar's Guide to Everything AL legal? I just can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. If so, is there a list of any prohibited items from it somewhere, like spells?

Posted by narzat drmean

drmean wrote:
Is Xanathar's Guide to Everything AL legal? I just can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. If so, is there a list of any prohibited items from it somewhere, like spells?

Yes, it is legal.  It’s listed on page 2 of the AL Player’s Guide.  The only footnote is that it includes the tortle package, so you should be able to use all content except races with flight (if any), which are excluded from all sources without a certificate allowing an exception.  The AL PG is a free download here:  https://www.dmsguild.com/product/208178/DD-Adventurers-League-Players-Pack&affiliate_id=925821

Posted by drmean

Thanks narzat. I was looking all over the place for an answer and couldn't find anything current. Found an AL page at Wizards site that listed resources, but it was from years ago. Wasn't even sure what this year's campaign season was called.

I mainly just wanted to use the spells from it if they were legal. I'll take a look at that link and pick up the book if the spells I want are legal.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.