Orc stomp sold out
Posted by juicinator

I see that the Orc Stomp is sold out.  My son and I were hoping to run it.  I’ve never heard of a charity race that limited registrations—in the 5k’s I have organized, we’ve only been happy to take every runner we could get—it’s more money for our charity, and more runners = more good publicity for future runs.  In fact, most runs take registrations right before the race.  I’m hoping there’s a chance that just pre-regs or t-shirts are what’s sold out.  Could anyone enlighten me?

Posted by aaronr juicinator

juicinator wrote:
I see that the Orc Stomp is sold out.  My son and I were hoping to run it.  I’ve never heard of a charity race that limited registrations—in the 5k’s I have organized, we’ve only been happy to take every runner we could get—it’s more money for our charity, and more runners = more good publicity for future runs.  In fact, most runs take registrations right before the race.  I’m hoping there’s a chance that just pre-regs or t-shirts are what’s sold out.  Could anyone enlighten me?
There is some information on their website and a contact button there if that doesn't answer your question. Have fun running! I'm working on getting in good enough shape to do it next year.

Posted by juicinator

Thanks—website and Facebook weren’t updated until recently.   I got a very fast reply from the race organizer on Facebook.  They’ll take generics but can’t make any guarantees, due to the park permit restrictions.   We’re going to show up with generics, and if they can’t fit us, we’re going to breakfast at Patachou.  

Posted by austicke

As per their event description, they still have openings if you show up with generics. I'd recommend you get there early.

Posted by juicinator

Thanks!  

Posted by mjdomask juicinator

juicinator wrote:
Thanks—website and Facebook weren’t updated until recently.   I got a very fast reply from the race organizer on Facebook.  They’ll take generics but can’t make any guarantees, due to the park permit restrictions.   We’re going to show up with generics, and if they can’t fit us, we’re going to breakfast at Patachou.  
Hi there! Glad Tony got back to you so quick, but just to add on one thing that might help you lock in a spot-show up at packet pickup at 12:00pm Thursday:
https://www.gencon.com/events/151185

This is when people who are registered can pick up their bib, shirt, etc., before the race day. But, from past years I've helped run, and the current description:

Are we sold out? We do accept some generic tickets, so stop by and get registered to run!

Your best best is to show up before noon on Thurday so that you're in line when they open registrations. From experience, they generally have a decent number of open slots for generics, but you're best off being there right at the start. Hope this helps!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.