Post early hotel deals here?
Normal
Small
Posted by del_grande

It's never too early to see what rooms are available - especially as the hotel lottery is less than three months away as I post this.

Here's a spot I stumbled across a few years ago: Emerson, just south of I-465.  A few "amenities" (Rally's, White Castle, Steak & Shake, McDonald's, Firehouse, and a few others, plus a WalMart), plus four hotels, all of which have rooms available for GenCon weekend (I checked for 7/30 through 8/5):
Super 8 - $85 for two doubles or one queen
Holiday Inn Express - $155 for two kings, nonsmoking
Red Roof - $153 for two fulls or one king
La Quinta - $209 for two queens or one king

Normal
Small
Posted by gib_rebeg

Most people who are going to want a room will want it Downtown near the convention.

While your posting is nice, you might also want to include links to said hotels too. I think there are something like 5 La Quinta's in the Indy area alone.

Normal
Small
Posted by del_grande gib_rebeg

gib_rebeg wrote:Most people who are going to want a room will want it Downtown near the convention.
While your posting is nice, you might also want to include links to said hotels too. I think there are something like 5 La Quinta's in the Indy area alone.

True, but you know as well as I do the number of people who want downtown hotels far exceeds the number in the convention rate block, and most people also want an affordable room.

As for the hotel locations, while there are five La Quintas in Indianapolis, only one is near Emerson and 465.  Still, you make a point:
La Quinta Indianapolis South

Red Roof Inn Indianapolis South

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast
(not South - that's a different location, although that's not a bad area either, with a Comfort Inn and another La Quinta)

Super 8 Indianapolis (on South Emerson)

New Post Sign in to write a new post.