Cutoff for randomized housing assignments
Posted by wogasm

Did we have to purchase our badges by EOD yesterday to be included in the randomized assignments?  Wife and I are west coast and had read "noon Friday" but didn't think it may be an EST or CST timezone :(

Purchased anyway just in case, fingers crossed we got in before the cutoff!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

The Housing Eligibility section simply says “Friday”, with no time specified, so hopefully you should be OK. 

FYI, when they do mention times, they are usually Eastern.

Posted by selene314

I'd have said end of Friday, so you should be fine.

They've been vague about the exact time. The real answer is probably "whenever someone hits the button".

Posted by wogasm

Thanks for the responses :), I suppose for now all we can do is keep our fingers crossed!

Posted by mikeboozer

Do not hesitate, get your badge on your account now if you want to be included in the randomization process!

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by wogasm mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Do not hesitate, get your badge on your account now if you want to be included in the randomization process!
Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thanks for your response Mike! Badge is purchased and I'm hype!

Posted by chadrea

Times have been assigned! Is 1:13pm good?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

That's excellent, since it starts at noon.  You will almost definitely be able to get a room downtown.

Posted by lancelot chadrea

chadrea wrote:
Yes, one of my friends got a 12:16 time so that is awesome as well. I got a 6:02 time so that is a non-starter...

Posted by traveller lancelot

lancelot wrote:
chadrea wrote:
Yes, one of my friends got a 12:16 time so that is awesome as well. I got a 6:02 time so that is a non-starter...

Rooms are released back into the block from the moment housing starts until the housing block closes and the reservations are sent to the hotels.  You can always check back later to see if a better room is available.  

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.