Best Way to Get to Ikea?
Posted by dcgragg13

Hiya! What is the best public transport option to get from downtown Indy to the Ikea in Fishers? We are travelling from New Zealand and want to buy a new cover for our sofas. I don't think the Fishers Train Station is operational from downtown Indy. Bus? Uber? Thoughts? Thanks!

Posted by fethbone dcgragg13

dcgragg13 wrote:
Hiya! What is the best public transport option to get from downtown Indy to the Ikea in Fishers? We are travelling from New Zealand and want to buy a new cover for our sofas. I don't think the Fishers Train Station is operational from downtown Indy. Bus? Uber? Thoughts? Thanks!
Unfortunately, there is no bus service from downtown Indy to Fishers. You will have to either take a Uber/Cab or rent a car. It is about 33km away from the ICC.

Posted by elvinlord

I would just order it online and have it delivered to the hotel your staying at. Just call the hotel first to get the correct address method of shipping 

Posted by skilletaudio

+1 on shipping it, or maybe recruiting someone to pick it up for you at their own neighborhood IKEA at a small consideration of a convenience charge. By the time you figure out how to get to and from IKEA you'll be racking up taxi or train costs.

Posted by bushmaster

When are you looking to do this?

Posted by dcgragg13

I really wanted to go into the store so I can see the actual fabric colours and feel the material. We were thinking of going on Monday after the Con. We are looking to do some other shopping as well. Does Fishers offer up some malls or big box stores as well? It might be worth it for us to taxi out, spend the day shopping and then return to our hotel in the downtown.

Posted by bakermouse10133 dcgragg13

dcgragg13 wrote:
I really wanted to go into the store so I can see the actual fabric colours and feel the material. We were thinking of going on Monday after the Con. We are looking to do some other shopping as well. Does Fishers offer up some malls or big box stores as well? It might be worth it for us to taxi out, spend the day shopping and then return to our hotel in the downtown.
Yes up by Ikea there is a large shopping area and some restaurants, but its not easily walked to as far as I know, so a car rental (even for one day) might be a better bet. 

Posted by fethbone dcgragg13

The two good malls in Indy are sort-of on the way to Fishers. Castleton Square (what I would call a "normal" mall), and The Fashion Mall at Keystone (more upscale and luxury brands) down the street. Both are right off the I-465/I-69 junction, but you'll still need some kind of vehicular transportation.

Posted by dcgragg13

Thanks everyone - It's been several years since we've driven on the right-side of the road so trying to avoid a car rental. At least now we have the knowledge to sort something out...

Posted by indyfoodguy dcgragg13

dcgragg13 wrote:

Ikea is in Fishers and Fishers doesn’t like black people so public transit isn’t an option. Grab a Lyft (or Uber if you support that trash).

Posted by aaronmlopez

LOL! I read the title of this thread and my response was "Tell them you only purchase pre-assembled furniture!"

Posted by dcgragg13 aaronmlopez

aaronmlopez wrote:
LOL! I read the title of this thread and my response was "Tell them you only purchase pre-assembled furniture!"
HAHAHAHA! You made me laugh out loud! Thanks! 

Posted by quarex

When are you arriving?  I would automatically be interested from a sheer "randomness of experience" perspective in driving visiting New Zealanders to IKEA while waiting for Gen-Con, but I think I have to leave fairly promptly on Sunday, so before the convention is the only time I could do it.  I do get in on Monday, though!

Posted by dcgragg13 quarex

quarex wrote:
When are you arriving?  I would automatically be interested from a sheer "randomness of experience" perspective in driving visiting New Zealanders to IKEA while waiting for Gen-Con, but I think I have to leave fairly promptly on Sunday, so before the convention is the only time I could do it.  I do get in on Monday, though!
Hiya! Thanks for the offer but we decided to buy covers here in NZ for the couches and will not pop by IKEA after all. And driving us around may have been disappointing since my hubby is actually American and I'm Canadian but, we've been living in NZ for the past 6 years and love it here. You would not have gotten the true Kiwi experience :)

Posted by quarex

Hahaha, clearly everything worked out then :)  "Can you believe it?  I met a Canadian person at Gen-Con!"

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.