Staybridge Downtown: Has anyone stayed there?
Posted by tinabear81

I’m wondering if I made a mistake grabbing a room there. It is the only downtown hotel left, but  while other downtown hotels disappear quickly after they post a vacancy, Staybridge has been sitting on the housing portal for days with vacancies. 

Is there anything I should know about it? Would it be better to change to a slight out of downtown hotel and uber/lyft?

Posted by aaronr

When you search for a room on the portal the room you currently have a reservation for shows up in the results. What you are seeing is likely your own room not another open one.

Posted by bitraven

yeah - the closest room that has popped up for me for the last 3 days is the Sleep Inn 2.4 miles away from the convention center

Posted by tinabear81

interesting. Thanks guys

Posted by donaldbain

I've stayed there a couple times, it's fine.  There was too much furniture in the room, but breakfast was good and the room had the sink outside of the bathroom to help with the morning jam up.

Posted by tinabear81

I’m glad the breakfast is good. Free good food is better than 10 bucks for a coffee and danish. 

Extra furniture...you mean extra dirty clothes repositories? My little toes thank you for the warning.

Posted by donaldbain

No, like dresser drawers that won’t open because they hit the couch and tv cabinets you have to squeeze past to get to the other side of the bed.

Posted by tinabear81

Ugh. That doesn’t sound awesome. We will only be sleeping there, so it won’t be too much of an issue, I hope. I will be perfectly content/happy with clean and safe as a sleeping space. 

Is it safe walking back later at night? Some games I’m in get out after midnight? 

Posted by donaldbain

Yes.  You can walk inside the Con to the stadium and it’s only a couple blocks along a main drag.

Posted by tinabear81

Cool. Thanks for the help and information. 

Posted by fethbone

The thing about Staybridge that is a huge plus in my book is the full-sized refrigerator and real coffee cups. 

Posted by tinabear81

Yeah...Getting in Wed. Already planning a small Kroger delivery for lunches, snacks, and stuff.  I’m excited to have a place to store the coldbrew coffee and sun tea. 

Posted by indyfoodguy tinabear81

tinabear81 wrote:
Ugh. That doesn’t sound awesome. We will only be sleeping there, so it won’t be too much of an issue, I hope. I will be perfectly content/happy with clean and safe as a sleeping space. 
Is it safe walking back later at night? Some games I’m in get out after midnight? 

You’re not gonna want to walk around Indianapolis at night. It’s a shooting gallery. Last week, I heard someone was raped by a kidnapped gun outside the staybridge. Best to be home before dark.

Posted by funny-shaped dice indyfoodguy

indyfoodguy wrote:You’re not gonna want to walk around Indianapolis at night. It’s a shooting gallery. Last week, I heard someone was raped by a kidnapped gun outside the staybridge. Best to be home before dark.

if you are trying to be funny, you failed hard.

Not an appropriate topic to poke fun at.

Posted by indyfoodguy funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:
indyfoodguy wrote:You’re not gonna want to walk around Indianapolis at night. It’s a shooting gallery. Last week, I heard someone was raped by a kidnapped gun outside the staybridge. Best to be home before dark.

if you are trying to be funny, you failed hard.Not an appropriate topic to poke fun at.

uh huh

Posted by tinabear81

IndieFoodGuy,

I’m not sure what you mean by “someone was raped by a kidnapped gun”. Your phrasing indicates that a stolen gun forcibly had sex with an unwilling person. That’s honestly horrifying. Sentient rapacious firearms are the stuff of nightmares. However, I doubt that’s what you meant to say. Please clarify.

Posted by roderick

I've never had any problem walking around Indy, not even down to the fast food restaurants south of the railroad tracks. 

I've talked to cops during Gen Con and they say that they love it, as they rarely have any problems in the downtown area during the con. Nice and quiet, just the way they like it. 

Just one man's opinion. And some cops'. 

Posted by indyfoodguy tinabear81

tinabear81 wrote:
IndieFoodGuy,
I’m not sure what you mean by “someone was raped by a kidnapped gun”. Your phrasing indicates that a stolen gun forcibly had sex with an unwilling person. That’s honestly horrifying. Sentient rapacious firearms are the stuff of nightmares. However, I doubt that’s what you meant to say. Please clarify.

nah you got it

poking fun at the other thread and the fact that people are afraid of being in indianapolis

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.