Hotel Parking, Do you need to call ahead?
Posted by nikas zekeval

Let's try this again, in the right spot.

Okay, assuming work issues work out, I'm lined up to share a downtownish, half mile out, hotel room.  Looking up the website it is $25 a night to park at the hotel.

Which isn't horrible for when I was staying further out and had to come in.  So, should I call, or arrange though the guy reserving the room, to make sure they'd have a spot?  Unless things go wrong I expect to be down the Wednesday night before.  Or do they keep enough slots reserved for the con in general?

​​​​​​​

Posted by insane

depends on hotel but it cant hurt to call ahead and make sure.  you should also double check with them on the price of parking (some places jack the price up for events like the con)

Posted by maijstral2

Also depends where you are staying and how much you want to walk.  Hotel lots are usually a little to a lot more expensive than public lots. For example if you were staying at the Westin, you could stay at the circle center mall lot, 24 hours, for 22 a day as opposed to the Westin Lot (roughly the same amount of walking) for 40 bucks a day. Right now I have the option to room with a friend at the JW but thier lot is 44 a day. I will either park at Gate 10 for 68 the whole con and not have easy access to my car from the hotel or park in the mall lot and just hike a bit though the sky walks for 22...I'm not paying 44 a day though.

Go to downtown indy parking and it will show you all the lots in the area and you might find a better deal close by, but honestly I think 25 a night is about going rate especially for close access to your car.

Posted by nikas zekeval maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:
Also depends where you are staying and how much you want to walk.  Hotel lots are usually a little to a lot more expensive than public lots. For example if you were staying at the Westin, you could stay at the circle center mall lot, 24 hours, for 22 a day as opposed to the Westin Lot (roughly the same amount of walking) for 40 bucks a day. Right now I have the option to room with a friend at the JW but thier lot is 44 a day. I will either park at Gate 10 for 68 the whole con and not have easy access to my car from the hotel or park in the mall lot and just hike a bit though the sky walks for 22...I'm not paying 44 a day though.
 Go to downtown indy parking and it will show you all the lots in the area and you might find a better deal close by, but honestly I think 25 a night is about going rate especially for close access to your car.

Right now the hotel is about about four blocks north of the convention center, and listed as $25/day for parking.  Google has me about a half mile and ten minutes walking from there to the Con.

Posted by maijstral2 nikas zekeval

nikas zekeval wrote:
bobvilla wrote:

Right now the hotel is about about four blocks north of the convention center, and listed as $25/day for parking.  Google has me about a half mile and ten minutes walking from there to the Con.
Sounds like something in monument circle. If you don't mind a walk I think there is a public lot about a block away for 10 dollars a day. The Government center capitol avenue lot.

Posted by maijstral2 maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:
nikas zekeval wrote:
bobvilla wrote:

Sounds like something in monument circle. If you don't mind a walk I think there is a public lot about a block away for 10 dollars a day. The Government center capitol avenue lot problem is I don't know if its a 24 hour lot, it says all day but it doesn't say 24 hours like most.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.