Cheaper Parking other than hotel?
Posted by heychadwick

Hi Guys, 

I will have a rental car for GenCon, but am looking at $20 a night.  If I don't plan on using the car, perhaps I can find some cheaper parking lot somewhere and take an Uber to it? Possibly free?

Jim

Posted by brooks

I'd suggest getting a rental car to the convention and then turning it in. When you're ready to leave arrange for another rental to wherever you're going. 

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Gate Ten still has 5 day (Wed-Sun) spaces available at $16/day.  They have shuttles to the Con & 24 hour in/out access.  The lot they still have available is a bit far (about 1/2 mile?) from the ICC though, but if you're just leaving the car there, not an issue.

As brooks said, if you're not going to use the car, why spend the money keeping it in a lot for 4 days?  Turn it in when you arrive, get another when you leave.

Posted by heychadwick buffythecatslayer

brooks wrote:
I'd suggest getting a rental car to the convention and then turning it in. When you're ready to leave arrange for another rental to wherever you're going. 

It actually costs more to turn in and rent again.  One way rentals are expensive.   It's rather absurd, tbh.
buffythecatslayer wrote:
Gate Ten still has 5 day (Wed-Sun) spaces available at $16/day.  They have shuttles to the Con & 24 hour in/out access.  The lot they still have available is a bit far (about 1/2 mile?) from the ICC though, but if you're just leaving the car there, not an issue.
As brooks said, if you're not going to use the car, why spend the money keeping it in a lot for 4 days?  Turn it in when you arrive, get another when you leave.

thanks!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

It actually costs more to turn in and rent again.  One way rentals are expensive.   It's rather absurd, tbh.

If you’re not renting the car in Indiana, make sure you can take the car out-of-state. A lot of unlimited mileage rentals have that clause specifically to prevent people from doing what you seem to be planning.

Normally, the rental company might not find out, but if anything happens, ticket/fender-bender/etc., they’ll get notified and you could be on the hook for the full cost and penalties.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.